Sponsored by:

little knocks vs auto finesse

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2008, 12:47 PM
scoobyraj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little knocks vs auto finesse

it was finally time to get the annoying dents and scratches sorted. thought id get the wheels refurbed too.....took it to little knocks for a quote....£1050!!! they reckoned that some of the scratches couldnt be touched up (fair enough) and that several panels needed respraying. they also said i would need a whole new back box due to 'rust' on my full stainless steel H&S exhaust! i've had them work on my car in the past when they were quite a small company and they did a great job and offered all scoobs 10% off. i was a little disappointed by them not remembering the 10% discount scooby owners got for years...they said it never existed. i also suggested polishing out a couple of the smaller scratches which they then reviewed and agreed that didnt need much work done. i thought they were taking the mick, rip off, and they clearly didnt know what they were on about regarding my exhaust! disappointed. needless to say, i didnt get them to work on it!

Auto finesse however, were great! a phone call, a discussion and a booking later....the whole car inside and out was detailed. all dents removed (totalling 6 different panels!!)...all paintwork corrected, deeper scratches left (only a couple on the whole body plus stone chips), alloys refurbed to a colour of my choice (colour matched to a lambo) and my exhaust sparlky! they did a fantastic job...i've never had the car looking so good! ever! the cost...£600...just over half the cost of little knocks with all dents removed! wow!
did my brothers car too (sti) and i have to say, wow, they'll def be working on the cars again! big recommendation to anyone..everyone!
so, the pictures, auto finesse did a full work-up....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=972764#pos t972764

Auto Finesse - Home

have to say, the guys did a great job.
Old 28 July 2008, 12:55 PM
New_scooby_04

Strange I've always found Little Knocks to be very good! I always dealt with Chris at the original premises. I don't recall there every being a 10% discount for Scoobies, but glad you found a good quote and got the work done well though!

Ns04
Old 28 July 2008, 04:41 PM
McWRX
Scooby Regular

Used them 3 times at littleknocks - found it to be well priced. £99 for a bumper dent and scuff to get fixed (it was a big dent after a honda drove into me!) and £6 to touch up an anthracite wheel.

First scoob I had Chris spent 20 minutes taking all the stupid touch up paint the previous owner put everywhere for minor hairline scratches - for free.

Just recommended them to 2 guys at work who have had quotes and now booked in.
Old 29 July 2008, 02:52 PM
scoobyraj
Scooby Regular

i've had work done by little knocks before and they do do a good job, just thought it was silly money this time and to be advised to just buy a new backbox.....that sorta did it for me really.

either way, car sorted
Old 29 July 2008, 03:26 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i assume james did the work from AF ?
Old 29 July 2008, 03:32 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

where abouts is auto finesse?
Old 29 July 2008, 06:01 PM
scoobyraj
Scooby Regular

James B at Autofinesse - geeza! him and his partner, was a really quick turnaround aswell. did a great job!

they are based in hertfordshire, ware.