Calling V7 JDM Sti Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2008, 09:36 PM
KK3960
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling V7 JDM Sti Owners!

Gents

I'm looking at buying my first JDM Sti, its an early V7 Wagon STi (Standard with no Brembo's or DCCD but I have some AP Racing 6 Pots to transplant )

I dont know much about these cars but Ive managed to find out the specific applied model and engine numbers from the site, if anyone has any more info on the V7 Sti Wagon that would be great. My question is on UK cars the VIN plate rivvets have "SUBARU" indented on them, i guess its to minimise ringing and foul play, however on the last 2 JDM cars ive looked at there doesnt appear to be the "Subaru" lettering on the rivvets, is this correct?

Thanks
Old 21 July 2008, 09:40 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

There is no version VII fella as they stopped numbering them at VI. Best to go by manufacture/model year (MY). For example mine is a MY05

TX.
Old 22 July 2008, 01:23 PM
KK3960
Scooby Regular

Ok MY01 JDM STi Wagon if this is the known example. Come to think of it any MY01 JDM STI.
Old 22 July 2008, 01:30 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

First thing is that for the new shape cars I don't recall them doing a JDM STi Wagon.

Secondly all new shape STi's have Brembo's so why has this not got them?

I think it will turn out to be a JDM WRX Wagon.
Old 22 July 2008, 03:43 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

They did do an MY01 STi Wagon, very rare in the UK since it was JDM only. There have been at least one example owned by a member on here, 'slippywagon' or similar
Old 22 July 2008, 06:08 PM
KK3960
Scooby Regular

We seem to be detracting from the post here.

The car is a MY01 STi Wagon (Bugeye), Yes its a JDM version as the UK didnt get treated to this model. They do exist as imports infact there are 2 on auto trader presently, see one for yourself! Type in between £6k and £8k on the price range on the link below.

Keighley Trade Centre

The associated Japanese applied model and engine refs. proving existence are;
(MY01 - New Age Body Style Rev 1, V7 )
00/08-01/08
Sti (wagon) GGBB5EH - EJ207DW4CR

For some reason the Wagons didnt get brembos or an LSD, Anyone in the know who has seen or researched this will know.

Back to the question, Im trying to verify do JDM cars Saloons or Wagons have "SUBARU" stamped on the rivvets which hold the VIN plate in place as per the UK cars? The last 2 version 7's I looked at didnt so Im looking for further verification from JDM owners please.

Many thanks

Last edited by KK3960; 22 July 2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03 August 2008, 10:41 AM
NASTiWagon
Scooby Newbie

Default New Age STi Wagon

Hi,

Thought I would jump in on this one. I had one of these rare beasts after hunting for one for two years. Some crap out there, not many genuine cars. They did almost without exception come with standard four pots, WRX alloys and no DCCD. However, some early models, including possibly a blue MY00 currently for sale, may have benefitted from some STi parts as development cars. I had Brembo's and STi alloys with mine, its probably the best spec for the standard 300 BHP. Not sure I would want 6-Pots as they run standard WRX hubs etc...and have reduced wheel bearing capacity over the NA STi saloons. To be fair, a decent set of B's should be more than sufficient. If Iwas tracking it, I would fit a set of strap discs and lose the interior to try and get that extra weight down. They don't have the NASTi Sallons wider track and so uses pressed arms over the alloys sallon jobs which arnt great. They handle ok though and dont track as much as the saloons. May buy the blue one myself now!