Sponsored by:

newbie after advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2008, 12:02 AM
daz9newc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie after advice!!!

hey, im new..... there is a impreza wrx im after but it had its turbo go last year and it hasnt been drivin since it had a new turbo fitted by his friend recently and new pipes but he didnt have the tools to bolt the turbo on properly.....how much will this cost or how easy to do?

cheers
Old 20 July 2008, 12:09 AM
Syph
Scooby Regular

Id steer clear and get one that works especially if it has not been run for a year. it could tourn out to be more expensive than spending a bit more on a car thats running sweet. but thats only my preference. someone else my have a different answer but think its best left alone.
Old 20 July 2008, 12:19 AM
mart sti v3
Scooby Regular

as above i also think mate, could cost you a whole lot more than just bolting a turbo on. the engine could well be shafted. plenty out there mate
Old 20 July 2008, 12:29 AM
daz9newc
Scooby Regular

cheers guys......im a member of VVOC.COM and have Rare red vectra GSI 2.5 v6 forsale....so im looking to either sell it for £2450 to buy a impreza WRX or STI in blue, black or silver...must be well looked after...my budget is px or total of £3500 - £3800 ...thats all i can spare lol....can anyone help me with pointers/advice and what to look out for cause i dont want to get ripped off or spend a fortune on repairs? i want to engine the impreza which is why i joined this site so i could build frendships with members on here

even if there is any forsale on here please point them to me thanks

Last edited by daz9newc; 20 July 2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 20 July 2008, 10:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hi Daz

There are shed loads scoobs about, best shift your Vectra can go looking with a bag full of cash. Hunt around and do not buy the first you see, see a few and drive a few first.

Service history is everything (well almost, a heavily tracked car is a no-no) it does not need to be a main dealer service history either but is should come with a wadge of receitps for all of them and any enthusiast will keep them.

I would imagine there will be a lot more coming onto the market with the credit crunch and cost of fuel. watch out for unloved and poorly maintained cars tarted up for sale.