Sponsored by:

95 RON and octane booster

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2008, 08:45 AM
Spyder550
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 RON and octane booster

Given that Super unleaded and preferably V-Power, are a little harder to find the last few days has anyone been using 95RON and Octane booster.

Asking the question slightly laterally as I'm off to the Le Mans Classic next month for a few days, and may not be able to get a tank(s) full of super unleaded at village filling stations, and can't recall seeing any Shell on the last trip.

Engine is a 94 JDM Import WRX in a kit car, and I currently put in some NF race formula Octane booster in with V-Power. I'm assuming just a case of increase the percentage of Octane booster?

Cheers Guy
Old 17 June 2008, 09:11 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was told when i had my car mapped by pat before going to croatia in it, to use about a 3rd of a bottle of NF per fill which seemed to work fine! but just to be on the safe side i did'nt boot it so that if i did get any det/ knock it would'nt be fatal.. just take it easy! i did about 5000 miles that trip and never had any problems.. just buy in bulk and you should get a decent price.
Old 17 June 2008, 11:55 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt worry, 100RON wasnt commonly available in Japan until long after your car was manufactured. 98RON will do just fine ...
Old 17 June 2008, 12:17 PM
Spyder550
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
I wouldnt worry, 100RON wasnt commonly available in Japan until long after your car was manufactured. 98RON will do just fine ...
It's the getting to SUL level that is of as much concern. Last time we went trying to find decent fuel on a Sunday was interesting shall we say, and this time it's a bank holiday for them on the Monday too. The local fuel stations were either closed or only had machines that recognised French credit cards. Last time I took some octane booster but the engine I had was an old alfa lump which was due to be binned anyway so didn't care long as it got me back to Blighty
Old 17 June 2008, 01:47 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If you look on the NF website, you can see that you get a greater benefit per set dose, the lower the base RON. This being so you shouldnt have much trouble taking base 95RON up to 98, using NF. That said, the last NF I used was the old recipe: Ive heard that the newer stuff isnt as good, but thats just hearsay...

My VISA debit card worked perfectly well in an automated station in Nevers a few weeks ago, so I dont think that cards need to be French specifically.

Simon