Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outback 2.0D REn..help required.

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2008, 10:30 PM
Hoth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Outback 2.0D REn..help required.

Dear All,

I am about to trade in my current Impreza for a new (or demonstrator) diesel outback. The problem is not the car, its where to buy it from as I am receiving conflicting advice.

I have been to two dealers in person. One is an official subaru dealer, the other imports cars from europe (? cyprus). I have also had a look at the motorpoints of this world.

The importer has the car slightly cheaper, by the order of around 10% off UK RRP. I am yet to do a deal with the official UK dealer. The UK price RRP is £25895. (which means import car around 23k - the price difference cannot be ignored).

I have a few worries :-

1. The official UK dealer tells me if I bring an imported car to him for service or repair, he will refuse. There will be no support from subaru UK. He also told me to think carefully before 'risking' 25k (a lot of money)

2. Looking through previous reviews of the legacy, I am let to believe the car drops by 70% in value over the next 3 years. If this is true - I am not going to buy this car. Could somebody please clarify.

So assume I trade in my current impreza for the glass's recommended price, how much should I ask the Uk dealer to cut his asking price ?

Any help would be most welcome

Thanks
Old 16 June 2008, 10:45 AM
Hoth
Scooby Regular

Can anyone help ?
Old 16 June 2008, 11:01 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's telling you porkies, you just have to register the car with IM so they have it on their records, though any warranty work may take a little longer as authority is needed from the country of origin.

Tony
Old 16 June 2008, 11:02 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and i would shop around, dont just go to your nearest dealer, one 100 miles away could save you that 2k

Tony
Old 16 June 2008, 12:51 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I suggest you give Iain Litchfield a call.

I have had two JDM cars, and no trouble whatsoever having them out of the Subaru franchise arrangement. People will tell you a lot of rubbish to try to get you to buy through the dealerships but there are other options out there.
Old 16 June 2008, 02:02 PM
SPG
Scooby Regular

70%?! I think is a bit harsh, Legacy & Outbacks have traditionally held their money quite well, a diesel Outback is a cracking car and will always be in demand, that car has practicly everything on it and will last for ever! therefore residuals on these diesels will be a lot stronger.