Sponsored by:

Brake upgrade/advice/appearance

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2008, 02:46 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake upgrade/advice/appearance

Right...ive got a classic and iv finally bought some prodrive pff7's, and i know my standard brakes are gonna look tiny behind them, lol. im not really gonna put more money out and get a bigger brake conversion, was thinking would some standard sti callipers fit on mine? (uk turbo 2000) as i dont know if they actually are bigger, but they look bit bigger, and maybe some grilled/drilled discs all round. dunno really. opinions please! also do the sti callipers come in red anyway? or will they have to be painted? iv seen some peoples attempt of painting their callipers on other cars and they arent impressive, obviously id try and do a really good job on em, but y'kno. i jus want brakes to look nice behind the new 18" wheels.... dunno what to do people!

also... ill prob need to have the car lowered now with the arches scrubbed, what suspension would someone recommend? if i bought a standard sti suspenion setup, are they lowered standard? or shall i jus buy some brand new eibach lowering springs, and then buy sti dampers? or uprated dampers?? i dont wanna mess up my suspension, jus want the car to look nice on the wheels.... all so complicated! but i wanna do it right, and recommended, rather than doing it myself and it looking silly and not wanting to post my pics on here lol

Cheers in advance, Ash

Last edited by ash002004; 13 June 2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 13 June 2008, 04:50 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Brakes: Yes, standard UK 4-pot calipers from 99 onwards cars will fit, with their discs, IF you can find any, (try breakers e-bay etc, but expect to pay quite a bit for them now as they are sought after ).

Then you could upgrade those at a later date with a bigger disc conversion from Welcome To Godspeed Motorsport

I've put Godspeed Brembos on the front of mine, and this time last year, upgraded the tiny rear single pots for STi 2 pot Brembos, again using Godspeed parts.

If replacing calipers etc, DO invest in braided hoses

Edited to say: painting is easy: wire brush first, then paint with two coats of Smoothrite in whatever colour you fancy. Pick out the lettering in a different colour, plenty of ways of doing it that DON'T need careful brush work

Alcazar
Old 13 June 2008, 06:08 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice one thanks for that! needs a service soon so im gonna try n get the brakes changed, well buy the different discs that i want so they can fit them when its serviced.

so sti discs all round then with brembo callipers on the front, standard sti callipers on back is that right?? will search for some now