Sponsored by:

import owners, wheres the fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2008, 01:25 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default import owners, wheres the fog light switch

ok im getting MOT issues, wanna do a PROPER MOT on my car, can get iffy ones but not wanting it as i wanna own a LEGAL car ( must be getting old )

anyway its failed on 2 things, 1 of em is parking lights ,take key out and the side lights dont work,,, comon on jap cars and a NEW MOT law ive been confirmed !!!!,,,

anyway that and the rear fog lamp aint working,,,, not the bulb and the ONLY switch i see is the front fog lamps, the rear aint got a seperate switch so wondering what you lot have

oh and ive sort of sorted the parking light situation out with the switch on the steering wheel cowling,, but that ALSO turns on the fog lamps anoyingly but i MIGHT swop this as i never use em anyway !!!
Old 07 June 2008, 01:34 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

My 95WRX has one of the reversing lights converted to a fog lamp(coloured red and red bulb) It has been rewired to a small switch about where my right knee is. (Obviously when i'm sat in the car not where i'm sat now )

Side lights switch on with switch on top of steering wheel cowel, fog lamps are on seperate switch just to the right of the steering wheel, make sure thats not pressed in.

HTH

Mick
Old 07 June 2008, 01:39 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
My 95WRX has one of the reversing lights converted to a fog lamp(coloured red and red bulb) It has been rewired to a small switch about where my right knee is. (Obviously when i'm sat in the car not where i'm sat now )

Side lights switch on with switch on top of steering wheel cowel, fog lamps are on seperate switch just to the right of the steering wheel, make sure thats not pressed in.

HTH

Mick
when i press the fog light switch in the side lights stay on but the fog lights turn off,,,, figure that one out pmsl

any pics of the rear fog light switch please

also what they look like on uk scoobies ?
Old 07 June 2008, 02:46 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

got a parking light switch on top on my steering column
got a extra switch under neath hazard light button 94 wrx import
Old 07 June 2008, 03:23 PM
bmfcrash
Scooby Regular

Not very helpfull I know but the fog light switch on an import could be any type of switch and located anywhere around the drivers side.
Sorry but it depends who and how it was fitted, trace the wires back from the light might be your best bet if you cant see anything obvious.
Old 07 June 2008, 05:35 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bmfcrash
Not very helpfull I know but the fog light switch on an import could be any type of switch and located anywhere around the drivers side.
Sorry but it depends who and how it was fitted, trace the wires back from the light might be your best bet if you cant see anything obvious.
which is what i have spent the last 3 hours doing, chased it all back, tested how it all works and discovered a poxy scotchlok was the reason for it not working, bad connection on a scotchlock has caused this **** ache

my fog on the rear is wired up to the fog on the front switch

i HATE cars !!!

but the fog light is now working with a PROPER connection