Facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2002, 01:51 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi everyone.
Not exactly my first post, as I was registered on here about a year ago when I was looking to buy a 2nd hand scooby. But that fell through . In the meantime I have been lurking and had forgotten my username and password - so many to remember nowdays!!!

Anyway, my point: I will probably be in the market for an impreza again in a few months time, but this time my circumstances have changed and I may be able to purchase new.

However, I read on here a little while ago that Subaru may be enlisting Prodrive to perform a facelift of the current model. I was just wondering what came of this, as I would be reluctant to purchase a brand new car with a facelifted version around the corner.

I think the conclusion was that the result would simply be something like the options already available (morettes etc...) being made standard, as the timeframe mentioned was not long enough for major redevelopment. Also, with the STi fresh on our shores, would it really be a smart move to radically change the look?
But if anyone knows any different please let me know (or direct me to the relevant thread - this site has so many users that it is very easy to miss threads!! )

Cheers for any info

John

[Edited by JohnMcC - 2/1/2002 1:53:09 AM]
Old 01 February 2002, 05:50 AM
BENA80
Scooby Regular

From what I recall the changes would be a little more than morrettes with a redesign of the front a rear ends - I think the details mentioned that the centre of the car would remain unchanged (i.e. the doors) - I cant remember when the new model would be out - cant be 2003 MY as its too close isnt it? Its a shame search is still out of action.
Old 01 February 2002, 08:00 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

The reports are that the 're-skinned' version will be out early next year, and that apart from the 'greenhouse', the boot and the rear doors, everything could be changed. Although nobody seems to know to what degree.

However, the changes are reputed to be only cosmetic.

Josh
Old 01 February 2002, 11:32 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

JohnMcc

Try going the the Subrau Garage in West Wickham, not far from Bromley, just make sure you dont turn up in a grey import or say import when you are there.

They seem a nice enough bunch they have a STI type UK in at the moment so may have more details that your after.

Where in Bromley are you ??

There appears to be a small bromly crew building
Old 01 February 2002, 04:39 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, so I wasnt making it up Seems to be a bit of uncertainty....will need to do a bit of digging....

Barge - I'm a couple of minutes walk from Bromley south station. I didnt actually realise there was a Subaru dealership in West Wickham, the only one I knew of 'locally' was in Sevenoaks. Will have to pay them a visit!
Old 01 February 2002, 06:22 PM
Dubbs
Scooby Regular

I'm in Bromley and am looking at getting an STi type-r soon!
Old 01 February 2002, 06:52 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Not sure if this url has been posted before. And I can't remember how to make it a live link - sorry!!

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/typeEURO/top.htm