Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would this fit my99 uk turbo 2000?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2008, 06:13 PM
barndogg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this fit my99 uk turbo 2000?

Its a Subaru Impreza UK300 STI WRX Prodrive Intercooler

Subaru Impreza UK300 STI WRX Prodrive Intercooler 2002 on eBay, also Engine Tuning Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Jun-08 15:30:00 BST)

Thanks in advance
Old 29 May 2008, 06:50 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

yup, will need a little bit of modding. think you need to move the brake fluid or pas resovour.
Someone will give you the finer details, but the definatly fit
Old 29 May 2008, 07:02 PM
barndogg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae
yup, will need a little bit of modding. think you need to move the brake fluid or pas resovour.
Someone will give you the finer details, but the definatly fit
Thats great Marx.

Do you have any idea on performance increase or whether it would run without a remap?

Thanks
Old 29 May 2008, 07:12 PM
Ami
Scooby Regular

I may be wrong, but actually it's not STI tmic, as US300 is just a modded WRX afair.

The only problem I would expect putting this TMIC into MY99 is different DV mount - but there should be no problem with fluid tank.
And actually to be honest - if you need to replace your current crappy tmic, that's fine - but I wouldn't expect much improvement over standard UK Turbo my99 - maybe a bit bigger, don't really remember core sizes.
Anyway, if you need a bigger tmic - try to find real new age STI tmic or kind of replacement (Secondhand STI v8 TMIC will be cheaper option than APS, Hyperflow/MRT/Perrin etc. and probably as good for you)

Cheers

Last edited by Ami; 29 May 2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 29 May 2008, 07:14 PM
barndogg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ami
I may be wrong, but actually it's not STI tmic, as US300 is just a modded WRX afair.

The only problem I would expect putting this TMIC into MY99 is different DV mount - but there should be no problem with fluid tank.
And actually to be honest - if you need to replace your current crappy tmic, that's fine - but I wouldn't expect much advantage over standard UK Turbo my99 - maybe a bit bigger, don't really remember core sizes.
Anyway, if you need a bigger tmic - try to find real new age STI tmic or kind of replacement (Secondhand STI v8 TMIC will be cheaper option than APS, Hyperflow/MRT/Perrin etc. and probably as good for you)

Cheers
Thats great advice thank you Ami.

Would STI v8 TMIC run with out a remap?
Old 29 May 2008, 07:20 PM
Ami
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barndogg
Thats great advice thank you Ami.

Would STI v8 TMIC run with out a remap?
If you want to feel any gains you'll need some tweaking.
If not, you could be probably able to drive the car just as it is - but let some "tweaking guys" speak in this case.

EDIT: on the second thought - just an idea, if wrong, please somebody correct me - the problem may be in different pressure drop in new tmic than in old one - if the pressure drop is lower (less restrictive tmic), more pressure will go then directly into the engine, giving a bit more boost as an effect. if the engine is in good condition, fuel is good etc. there should be probably no issues, but may be worth of checking anyway before you start pushing accelerator harder.

BTW - if you put real new age STI big tmic you'll definitely have to fight with that fluid reservoir mentioned before, as that tmic is simply wider.

Cheers and good luck

Last edited by Ami; 29 May 2008 at 07:30 PM.