Sponsored by:

Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2008, 03:14 PM
urdad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice...

Sitting in my house awaiting someone I heard a loud bang,I look out of the window to see a women in a Fiat Chinky looking @ my wifes car.
I go out and she drives off,look at where she was looking...eek damage..
Look up the road a Corsa and in front of that a bedford pick-up,so I go and get my keys.
On coming back out the Corsa has reversed about 20 yds away and the Bedford reversing and then driving off.
The driver of the Corsa(teen bloke) approaches to which I ask who was it,he admits it was him but his m8 in the pick-up was pissing about and caused him to skid,etc.
He says can he pay for it cash to which my reply was I think it's going to be more than you think m8,knackered 1 piece rear bumper,damage 1/4 panel and rear light,perhaps wheel which was impacted.
I said I wasn't interested in stitching him up but he will be suprised @ the cost..
So what to do,my Mrs wants to phone the insurance now,her call and prolly the best bet....
Old 25 May 2008, 03:18 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

let insurance company know, but get quotes from bodyshops tell the guy that drove into your wifes car give him the highest quote then ask him if he still wants to go through insurance (if he has any).
Old 25 May 2008, 03:40 PM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

forget about have him pay cash, it will cost YOU! more in the long run go through his insurance company and make him pay by losing his no claims and so on.
Old 25 May 2008, 04:46 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

let cops know too. he has given details but if it comes to insurance later i bet he denies it (assuming he has any)

not about stiching him up, just about protecting yourself.

5t.
Old 25 May 2008, 05:21 PM
urdad
Scooby Regular

All done and dusted,the good lady wife is not happy about giving him the chance to avoid paying and had advised insurance company,they're on the case and the car will be picked up wednesday.
I'm happy to go through insurance,so is she.
He was worried about losing his ncb but then again it'll teach him not to tit about,I think when and if he got prices he would change his mind..his dad bought the car...go to be in excess of £1000 at a guess..cheers anyway.