Car Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2008, 03:20 PM
Cosworth27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Pricing

Hi,

This might be a daft question. But for instance if I was to walk into an Audi dealer and put in an offer on a 24k Audi A4 what kind of price do you think I should be aiming to pay. ?Cash price? Also what is the general accepted discount that dealers give.? If anyone could throw some light on the situation that would be great
Old 17 May 2008, 04:04 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cosworth27
Hi,

This might be a daft question. But for instance if I was to walk into an Audi dealer and put in an offer on a 24k Audi A4 what kind of price do you think I should be aiming to pay. ?Cash price? Also what is the general accepted discount that dealers give.? If anyone could throw some light on the situation that would be great
Its a dark art trying to guess what discount you can achieve on new car prices. The only thing I would say is never accept the first offer and try and get them to match the cheapest price you can find on the internet
Old 17 May 2008, 04:12 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Look up the price of your car on here: Broadspeed Buy New Car UK Discount Prices. Use their price as your target price. You might not get all the way there but you should be able to get very close. Oddly, don't expect any great help paying cash. In some cases it is better for the dealer if you have a trade in they can sell on immediately to another dealer because it gives them more flexibility to screw you. As a ballpark figure I would say you could expect 5% off.
Old 17 May 2008, 04:22 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Most car mags have a 'target price' next to the retail price in the listings. Try Top Gear mag and What Car?, for example.
Old 17 May 2008, 05:36 PM
Cosworth27
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

thanks guys
Old 17 May 2008, 05:59 PM
*pslewis*
Scooby Regular

Yeah, as has been said above ...... find the best price on the internet and start with that - say how much you can get it for and ignore all thye pathetic bluster and huffing ..... stay absolutely silent!

If they want your business they will come very close indeed to the price you have told them to match

But, remember, they are the practised experts at getting the price THEY want - they do it all day every day ......... hence silence is your very best weapon, they hate it