Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silly, pointless, childish posts.....

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2002, 09:47 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on people, this forum used to be very informative.

Recently, the number of pointless posts has increased and has turned reading the BBS into more of a chore than a pleasure.

Can we PLEASE keep all the 'funny', childish banter in the muppet forum, this BBS is world renowned for being one of the best online communities..... lets not lower the tone eh people?

Cheers

Paul
Old 30 January 2002, 10:01 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

where did all those replys go?
Old 30 January 2002, 10:09 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Angry

I agree with POC

Ian
Old 30 January 2002, 10:11 AM
Luke
BANNED

So are you saying that the moderators are not efficient???
Old 30 January 2002, 10:13 AM
Luke
BANNED

Where has my "Goldfish Trainer wanted" reply gone??????

Remember our Human rights....
Old 30 January 2002, 10:15 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

No I am not!

I am just pointing out that there is a place for pointless banter - this is called the muppett forum.

If we keep the number of off-topic posts to a minimum, it will make the mods lives alot easier!

Paul
Old 30 January 2002, 10:17 AM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Where did my reply go?

Never mind,but no the posts seem good and intelligent to me.

(This topic is $hit though )

[Edited by imatrukahs - 1/30/2002 10:18:04 AM]
Old 30 January 2002, 10:21 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I believe one of the problems is that some people see the General forum as the place to post everything and anything. Look at the number of off topic posts in here to do with Wheels, fuel, brakes, etc. so it is not jst pointless stuff although this seem to get peoples goats more that other stuff.

Perhaps all of us ought to try to post stuff where it belongs in the first place.
Old 30 January 2002, 11:06 AM
Luke
BANNED

Paul , Good point.
Sure it does help and yes it can bog down this forum. But look at some of the posts within forums... They could also be sent to "Mitchelles Bedroom" (Muppet forum!!)

Some of the recent "Funny topics" have been classics.To good to go the Muppet forum, the land of 1894836465758584474484887400000000000 replies!!!!

Old 30 January 2002, 11:11 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

i don't see the problem really - its a case of survival of the fittest threads surely:

A crap thread will not get read or replied to and will die on the vine so to speak.

If it gets replies it is demonstrably popular with those that replied and so on. If you don't like a thread just don' t read it, and start a thread about something you are interested in.

With efficient moderation and re-siting of misplaced threads there shouldn't be any thing to complain about.

Old 30 January 2002, 11:37 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

True zoog, but the mods cant monitor 24 hours a day 7 days a week ! some form of self moderation is required !
Old 30 January 2002, 05:24 PM
FedUp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

POC i will have to agree with you
now i've posted see how long it takes this one to end up in the puppet - string being - we share a composite brain cell section
Jerry
Old 30 January 2002, 05:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

POC,
Have to agree. There is definately too much crap on here these days.Posted the same here before myself and got shot down by the freedom of speech brigade.

Probably find with most of these people its the only place people take any notice of them.

Chip.
Old 30 January 2002, 05:38 PM
Canuck
Scooby Regular

I think that this BBS has definitely gone down-hill over the six months. There does seem to be more and more posts by people who seem to get tight trousers over how much interest their topic attracts.
Fact is, this used to be a great source of information, recently frustrated by lack of search facility which I'm sure will re-appear bigger 'n' better. People seem to be using this to supplement what has to be a side life.

I posted a stupid(?) question in the wheels section a couple of days ago and have had no replies - seems everyone is more interested in how to make their car look cool or whether anybody has ever shagged across the boot of the ole scoob and whether having a bigger spoiler can affect that...

I guess I just don't understand.

[Edited by Canuck - 1/30/2002 5:40:51 PM]
Old 30 January 2002, 06:45 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have generally retreated away from General and now spend most time in Technical Forums. There is a lot of good stuff there just as there has always been.
Old 30 January 2002, 08:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

The posts that attract the punters are the ones that stay on page1 - others quickly disappear to page2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,and beyond ................... the people on here do the voting everytime they respond to a thread or, indeed, read it!!

So, if a childish, stupid, thread stays around for a while on page1 - the people who make up the community WANT it there!!

Tell you what, how about the moaners starting a thread?? a VERY interesting thread as they would call it - lets see how long it stays on page1??

The community decides which thread stays and which goes - someones childish thread is someone elses good fun

Pete
Old 30 January 2002, 08:39 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

I haven't been here for ages, mainly because it is as POC says dominated by 'the I have score more hits than anyone else' brigade having said that one of mine recently did do well. But like the other chap above I feel too I get shot down when I put something up (POC you should be familiar with that one honeypie ).
I don't recognised anyone anymore on here the names from 3 years ago are now totally different - where did they all go. And the muppet forum seems to be what it's all about, some of the stuff is funny but what a waste of server space... particularly when my girls only sections was shot down in flames and totally miscontrued.

rant mode off
P
Old 30 January 2002, 08:49 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Hi PEN

I think all that is needed is a little bit of self moderation.... less of the 'do you have a blue scooby' and 'do you have a red scooby'.... and more of the rich flow of information that keeps scoobynet at the top of the pile when it comes to online communities and forums

Now, how about a forum for the women to use? LOL

Paul
Old 30 January 2002, 08:58 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

nice one - you're forgiven
and I agree with you about the postings
don't forget pitt is always available just ask
Old 30 January 2002, 09:12 PM
Little Miss WRX

Exclamation

PEN on the girls club forum, there is one on RS25.com that is continually posted in by male members, also one on performance-shop.com which is hidden and has so few posts it is untrue. Notworth thge hassle IMHO.
Old 30 January 2002, 09:16 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

Michelle,
I know, just having my say that's all, it's not an issue really, was just making a point about being shot down, (in fact there's a very funny little story - isn't there POC ?!hmmmm)..
....that night I was completely pee'd and I honestly can't think of anything worse, as I'm not a girlie person - gawd I must of been out of my treeeeeeeeee....

thanks
P

Old 30 January 2002, 09:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Question

So? POC-PEN, how about a Stunningly Interesting, Adult, Clever, Pointful, Serious Post??

We are all waiting with baited breathe for this 'Proper-Post' to enlighten us all!!!! Come on, I am SERIOUSLY interested in what you think ALL posts should be like

Yes?

NO?

I hope its Yes, cos then you have every right to moan - being the main contributors of proper posts. I wouldnt like the answer to be No - as that means you are being Silly, Childish, Pointless

Pete
Old 30 January 2002, 09:28 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

Like you - you mean?

Oh oh feel a serious moment coming on... come on Pete - chill I think you know what (not just POC & I) have been on about for if you've read this board for the last few days... there has been alot of nonsense - that's all... but if you want serious... how about...

'how can adjusting the brakes gain you at least 5 seconds on a track day' and why does it have to cost nearly 2K ? Exactly what mods are they doing and why should 5 seconds make that much difference?

(sorry best I can do for the moment as my serious hat is under the empty wine bottle).
Old 30 January 2002, 09:38 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Paul
Enter my name on your list of supporters. Having said that, if at any time any of my posts appear to be trivia to anyone, let me apologise in advance. I have learnt an lot from this site, and also hope I have been of assistance to a few people, but also saddened on occasions. My son, Chris tells me a similar situation exists on the RSOC site on occasions.
Cheers JohnD
Old 30 January 2002, 09:39 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

POC i totally agree.
Old 30 January 2002, 09:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

ME??????

Childish, Pointless, Silly???????????????????????

YES - I reckon I am!! and yes, I agree that the muppet show (if you ever have been there) is a complete and utter MESS

ALSO, I think some posts are pointless - as I said, they usually disappear into another section or down the pages.

Shaving 5 seconds off a time on a trackday?? dont do trackdays (too poor) - I WOULD be interested in how to shave 5 seconds off my 0-62 time however!! - any ideas?

As for being light, I reckon I must be the one who has eaten all the magic mushrooms, I have ALWAYS been the one to 'PLAY' on here!!

Pete
Old 31 January 2002, 12:09 AM
Carlos The Jackel
Scooby Regular

Wink

for the first time ever pslewis has changed my mind - i agree with him. Now where are those tablets?
Old 31 January 2002, 12:22 AM
fiesta wonder woman
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

i agree with POC, im getting tired of seeing silly posts on this BBS, keep up the good work POC!

fww
Old 31 January 2002, 12:24 AM
BarnStormer
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Forgive me as I am new, but shouldn't topics about brakes be in the "Wheels, Tyres and Brakes" section.
Old 31 January 2002, 01:20 AM
slimshady
Scooby Regular

Talking

paul,

you mean like people who offer ridiculously low amounts of money for goods that they know are worth far more !,lol

slim (flamesuit on)

Quick Reply: Silly, pointless, childish posts.....