Sponsored by:

injectors and turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2008, 09:20 PM
gordyra r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors and turbo

anyone know what size injectors i have in ra r and what id need for 400 too 440hp and what turbo too go for ? im sticking with 2 litre

they have some cracking cars on the north american impreza site love the advans alloys Advan RS 18x9 +29offset

think in long term im going too go for ast for ra r sti sdkustable are abit bouncy
Old 06 May 2008, 07:15 AM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

Some may not agree, and you are of course free to do what ever you wish, but personally I don't think you should modify your RA-R.
It's the ultimate expression of a factory tuned subaru and should be kept that way.
The power upgrades I can just about understand, although 330-340 BHP really is enough and anymore is wasted unless the car lives on track. Don't be drawn in to the bragging rights game of a 400+ BHP car.
The suspension setup is what makes your car and to tinker with that is just crazy.
Change the suspension, wheels and turbo and the only thing left that will make your car an RA-R will be the brakes and the badges.
Perhaps a spec C would have been a better option

All IMHO but I would say enjoy it as it is and appreciate the fact that it's an exclusive piece of subaru history. Surely that's why you bought it?

monkey.
Old 07 May 2008, 01:30 PM
kennyc
Scooby Regular

I see the point being made but if I had an RA-R I would modify it and I am sure many others would. I think as long as you keep the original parts a Subaru enthusiast would still buy it when you come to sell it because it is the best Scooby ever produced, but just because its the best doesnt mean you cant make it better. I think when modifying a car in stages you reach goals and your targets change - example you get use to the cars power and want more so you look at engine performance for gains then you feel the suspension isnt up to scratchwith the extra power so you look at that area and so it continues! If I was looking to buy an RA-R and one was standard and one was modified sensibly I would go for the modified one.
Old 07 May 2008, 04:08 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gordyra r
anyone know what size injectors i have in ra r and what id need for 400 too 440hp and what turbo too go for ? im sticking with 2 litre

they have some cracking cars on the north american impreza site love the advans alloys Advan RS 18x9 +29offset

think in long term im going too go for ast for ra r sti sdkustable are abit bouncy
Gordy, you would need 650cc injectors and the Powerstation/Litchfield developed IHI hybrid twin scroll unit with the Garret core. Gussy has this unit in his 400bhp package so he would be best to speak to. They are not that many options out there when it comes to good twin scroll units. You could also look at the HKS 2835 turbo. That isn't a cheap unit in itself though, and neither is the hybrid unit that Powerstation use I believe. If I were you I go and get the car remapped with a Miltek and panel filter and see how find the car drives then. I think you'll find it may well be more than enough. I really wouldn't change the wheels the either. There are exclusive to the RA-R only, but hey it's your choice and your car at the end of the day so enjoy it as you see fit.