WRC SPOILERS ON EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2008, 08:18 PM
scoobysti8
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRC SPOILERS ON EBAY

Hi ,

This is my first post , iam thinking of buying this spoiler what do u guys think.
SUBARU IMPREZA WRC STYLE SPOILER 2000- on eBay, also Body Modifications, Exterior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-May-08 21:00:00 BST)

Will it make any difference to the handling as it says in the ad.

Thanks

Last edited by scoobysti8; 02 May 2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02 May 2008, 09:00 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Downforce

Yeah on a rally car it will but on the road, doupt it.

The vains on it is for cornering and if you doing the kind of speeds you need for that to work you should be on a track.
Old 03 May 2008, 08:28 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Sure I read before that spoilers on most Imprezas make very little difference under around 100mph.

In any case, the original Prodrive designed spoiler would have been fine tuned in a wind tunnel for hours, and matched to the weight etc... of their car.

I doubt the Ebay ones have every been near a wind tunnel, nor had any kind of development work done on them other than 'yes, that looks the same, right, get them made up then' so its purely cosmetic really.
Old 03 May 2008, 03:35 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> The vains on it is for cornering

Actually the vanes are so it still gives downforce when going sideways but I guess that usually involves corners. If you drive on the road sideways at over 100mph then perhaps it will help.

Petter once very nearly crashed in Finland when he got big air over a big yump after losing his rear spoiler a couple of corners earlier. Without the rear wing it rotated in the air and landed nose first, very nearly pitching him into the forest . So again if you have a habit of doing 40m jumps 3m in the air during your journey to work then it might help.

But it looks quite well made and the right shape. If you fancy a big bold wing then go for it, just don't expect to go faster.

But before you buy find out what someone local will charge to paint it and be prepared for it to need some serious prep work by you or the paint shop too. So called "ready to paint" GRP stuff often needs lots of sanding and filling first. Ask the seller about the fixings too, does it use the standard bolt holes or will you have to drill more?
Old 03 May 2008, 04:19 PM
scoobysti8
Scooby Newbie

hi, i have asked the seller , they have told me that there are holes in the spoiler and it also come with screws ,but they have assured me that it is a quality product.I do not know whether it is cheap or expensive.