Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Wrx Uk 300 Subaru =( Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2008, 07:24 PM
nigelgalvinlaw
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Wrx Uk 300 Subaru =( Please Help!

Hello all, please can someone help! I am writing this on behalf of my Dad who is heartbroken from losing his Subaru. He doesn't know I'm doing this but me, my mum and my sister really want to get it back for him, or at least try.

My dad works really hard (like a lot of dads do) and we all really love him and want to see him happy again and back with his one true love (apart from my mum obviously)...

The Subaru is a limited edition WRX UK 300 and is sonic blue with gold wheels. Year 2001. It had a standard radio inside with a tape player and CD player. It had a few scatches on the bonnet from where our cat used to lay on it... nothing heavy. No graphics.

We had our Subaru Impreza stolen two weeks ago in the early hours (apparently 3.00 - 4.00 am) of Tuesday 15 April 2008. They come into our house (after obviously watching us for a while) whilst we was all asleep, took my Dad's keys and his wallet and drove off with the car. When they pulled it off the drive (they obviously couldn't drive it) they smashed it into a neighbours car so there is now damage on the left hand front side but now being 2 weeks on it may look like new.

As a warning to other people, this is happening a LOT in Barking and Dagenham and Havering areas and no doubt they will soon move on some other place. Get a tracker if you haven't got one! This is the reason we can't get paid out for it so if we don't get it back it's lost completely.

It has a distinguishing number plate: N7 GFL. Original registration number: Y503 XBH. High chance they've changed the new plates for the old plates due to them being in the car.

My name is Charlotte and my mobile number is 07903 508553 or Deborah on 07904 570174. It would grately be appreciated if anyone could please get in contact with me if they see anything or hear anything strange about subaru's or get offered anything dodgy. Any information leading to its whereabouts will lead to a £1000 reward.

Many thanks for your time.

Last edited by nigelgalvinlaw; 02 May 2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01 May 2008, 07:46 PM
WetPatch
Scooby Regular

So the insurance company wont pay out because u didnt have a tracker fitted?
Old 01 May 2008, 07:54 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

The car more than likely has a tracker fitted, what i'd be doing is phoning the tracker company's ie RAC Trackstar, Tracker and Metasat explain the situation and maybe offer to pay for the service and they may be able to enable the system. I know its a long shot but worth a try.
Old 01 May 2008, 08:03 PM
beakerdoo
Scooby Regular

not every scoob has to have a tracker for insurance and even if it did these kind of people should be exterminated simple as this.
Old 01 May 2008, 08:04 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear the news, it would help if you posted the limited edition number (between 1-301) the car was.

Good luck and hope all works out.
Old 01 May 2008, 09:22 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

i had my car stolen, it had a tracker but wasnt active so police rang tracker for me and they found it 40 mins later. sorry about the loss but does your policy state must have a tracker? and normally the insurance want to see a copy of the tracker subscription.
Old 01 May 2008, 09:24 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

I'm almost sure the car would have had a tracker fitted possible by the prev owner, worth a try still.
Old 01 May 2008, 11:03 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nigelgalvinlaw
Hello all, please can someone help! I am writing this on behalf of my Dad who is heartbroken from losing his Subaru. He doesn't know I'm doing this but me, my mum and my sister really want to get it back for him, or at least try.

My dad works really hard (like a lot of dads do) and we all really love him and want to see him happy again and back with his one true love (apart from my mum obviously)...

The Subaru is a limited edition WRX UK 300 and is sonic blue with gold wheels. Year 2001. It had a standard radio inside with a tape player and CD player. It had a few scatches on the bonnet from where our cat used to lay on it... nothing heaving. No graphics.

We had our Subaru Impreza stolen two weeks ago in the early hours (apparently 3.00 - 4.00 am) of Tuesday 15 April 2008. They come into our house (after obviously watching us for a while) whilst we was all asleep, took my Dad's keys and his wallet and drove off with the car. When they pulled it off the drive (they obviously couldn't drive it) they smashed it into a neighbours car so there is now damage on the left hand front side but now being 2 weeks on it may look like new.

As a warning to other people, this is happening a LOT in Barking and Dagenham and Havering areas and no doubt they will soon move on some other place. Get a tracker if you haven't got one! This is the reason we can't get paid out for it so if we don't get it back it's lost completely.

It has a distinguishing number plate: N7 GFL.

My name is Charlotte and my mobile number is 07903 508553 or Deborah on 07904 570174. It would grately be appreciated if anyone could please get in contact with me if they see anything or hear anything strange about subaru's or get offered anything dodgy. Any information leading to its whereabouts will lead to a £1000 reward.

Many thanks for your time.
Bless you for doing this for your dad. I'll keep my eyes open in Kent. As the others said post the limited edition number up and contact a previous owner to enquire about a tracker. Keep an eye on ebay and Pistonheads and bear in mind it may not be listed as a UK300.
Old 01 May 2008, 11:13 PM
nigelgalvinlaw
Scooby Newbie

Thank you so much for all your replies so far. My dad is currently looking for what number it is out of 300. He is going to ring tracker companies and the previous owner tomorrow. Fingers crossed..
Old 01 May 2008, 11:41 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear the bad news

Thing is, if its gone from Havering/ Barking & Dagenham areas its highly likely it would have ended up either around Ferry Lane in Rainham and stripped or straight off to Tilbury Docks .

Best of luck with your search.
Old 02 May 2008, 01:10 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Sorry to read this... If it's happening "a lot", then there's probably one or two people (loose description) who need some TLC in the social responsibility department.

If you find out who they are... Horse's head job... ! Or just run them over when they're at Argos or summat.

Basically, if it's endemic, then there's either one bloke or a gang who are doing it because they aren't being stopped and the Police can't or won't go after them.

J.
Old 02 May 2008, 06:29 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Trust me they will be looking creeper break-ins are given extra attention and if it's getting common there's more than likely an operation dedicated to it. Good luck again.
Old 02 May 2008, 08:37 AM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Good luck with your search,your dad is very lucky having you for a daughter.
Old 02 May 2008, 09:55 AM
nigelgalvinlaw
Scooby Newbie

Default Update

The police told us that it is a gang and they do know who it is but they can't catch them. They told us about the possibility of our car being shipped out but we can't help but wonder that as they smashed it up when pulling it off the drive, it isn't much use to them now? Also phoned Subaru where we bought it and they're helpfully contacting some backstreet garages where they send the Subaru's. My mum's been ringing tracker companies today as suggested but no luck so far. Thanks everyone for all your advice so far!
Old 02 May 2008, 10:04 AM
STi Lou
Scooby Regular

Good luck and thanks for the update Charlotte, it's a nice thing your doing for your dad! Please let us know any further news.
Old 02 May 2008, 10:04 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Good luck with the search, I once stumbled upon this, maybe its wortha shot?

TWOC - Report Stolen Cars, Trailers, Vans, Bikes, Lorries
Old 02 May 2008, 11:32 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was it a stipulation of your insurance company that the car must be fitted with a tracker? You haven't made this clear??? If it was then i'm sorry but your Dad has played a risky game and has lost!
Old 02 May 2008, 11:38 AM
ROB-THE-BLUE
Scooby Regular

I had my tracker fitted on wednesday as required by my insurance company and after reading this I reckon it's money well spent!

Best of luck getting the car back
Old 02 May 2008, 11:56 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I couldn't get insurance unless I had a tracker fitted.

It offers piece of mind but one guy on here said that organised gangs know where the devices are usually hidden so if they are quick they can get around them.
Old 02 May 2008, 12:05 PM
ROB-THE-BLUE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W
I couldn't get insurance unless I had a tracker fitted.

It offers piece of mind but one guy on here said that organised gangs know where the devices are usually hidden so if they are quick they can get around them.

i saw where my tracker was fitted and trust me, there's no quick way of getting it out!

if anyone's interested in a tracker I'd totally recommend Barry at Safe'n'sound. Absolutely top bloke and I got a great price on a Smartrack tracker and toad alarm
Old 02 May 2008, 12:05 PM
nigelgalvinlaw
Scooby Newbie

Yes, it was in his contract that he wouldn't be covered for theft unless he had a tracker, so I'm warning you all to go and get one! He did plan on getting one but never got round to it because he's so busy!
Old 02 May 2008, 12:06 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Dan,

As you know not all companies ask for them to be fitted. Most are fitted in the same location on each model which does not help. I remember a thread a while ago about a WR1 getting stolen but the Tracker was removed and left where the car was parked!

I have a few Security devices fitted including Trackstar and Cobra systems. Came with the car but these would have been a instant fit on purchase. But as already said they go for keys now and sometimes threaten violence if they don't get them.

Anyway not seen you for a while. Hope all is well.

Nigel, hope the Scoob comes back.
Old 02 May 2008, 05:55 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hi-jack but

How does one go about getting the tracker activated if they have one?
Old 02 May 2008, 06:45 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
Sorry to hi-jack but

1. Inform the police it's been nicked.
2. Note down the call reference number.
3. Contact tracker company with police call reference number for tracker activation.
[4. I'd then be straight back onto the police with an update as to it's activation]
Old 02 May 2008, 08:05 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
Sorry to hi-jack but

find out which type it is ie tracker monitor and give them a ring and they will activate it for some of your pound notes

i have a tracker monitor on mine..so i phoned TRACKER and they set it up for me
Old 02 May 2008, 08:56 PM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Will keep a look out in Cambs area, but your reward money isn't wanted if I find it

Gutted for you and family
Old 03 May 2008, 08:16 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Charlotte, Bless you, I'll get the Bedfordshire boys to keep a look out, As for the reward, it's not needed we are here to help each other.
Cheers
Colin
Old 03 May 2008, 08:25 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Thing is, a tracker may not stop your car getting stolen, it may not help it get found if it does get nicked ( although a lot of thieves seem to park the car up somewhere for a couple of days and see if anyone recovers it ) but if your insurance company insist on it then get it done, otherwise you arent insured !
Old 03 May 2008, 08:42 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Charlotte, Have now posted it on the Southern Scoobies website too.
Cheers
Colin
Old 03 May 2008, 10:16 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Sorry to be cynical, but for me there are a few things that don't quite sit right about this thread/theft.

Firstly, what was your 'dad' thinking when he tried to blag the ins. co. about a tracker being fitted..!

Secondly, how come he doesn't know the limited edition number..? Isn't it on a plaque in front of the gear stick. He you can remember the number plate but not a number between 1 - 301.?

If I'm wrong about this I apologise and hope you get the car back, but it does sound a bit iffy TBH..!

Quick Reply: Stolen Wrx Uk 300 Subaru =( Please Help!