Sponsored by:

Bugeye STi

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2008, 11:36 PM
ice643
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye STi

Iam thinking of getting a UK STi bugeye,are the engines more reliable than the classic shape imports.What are the differences in UK model and jap model.

Are the 305 bhp prodrive engines strong because my last Subaru Sti 4 had an engine rebuild @65k,somebody told me that UK models are stronger.

Thanks
Old 22 April 2008, 11:57 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ice643
Iam thinking of getting a UK STi bugeye,are the engines more reliable than the classic shape imports.
Yes the Newage STi Engines are stronger but not bulletproof

Newage JDM STi engines, are stronger and more Powerful than UK but both versions are stronger than Classic STi engines, although maybe not as powerful but Cranks are much stroner and have better Oil feed. Also Newage Mapping & electronics are superior, adding to a better engine lifespan.

Are the 305 bhp prodrive engines strong
PPP engine is the same as a non PPP version but are comfortable tweaked to 305 early 02 STi's PPP had a piggyback chip (although no problem with mine) later in the year 02's PPP had ECU remap with EcuTek software.

my last Subaru Sti 4 had an engine rebuild @65k,somebody told me that UK models are stronger.
Not the Case , Classic STi JDM's were stronger and much more Powerful than UK's. "But the brighter the Candle burns".

Although SUL and Octane booster were the main form os stopping detenation ECUTEK mapping of V5 onwards ECU's, has improve reliabity.

Another big engine killer is high Revs and JDM's Rev to 8K+ and UK 7K+.

IMHO

IIRC

AFAICR

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 23 April 2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 23 April 2008, 06:27 AM
ice643
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Yes the Newage STi Engines are stronger but not bulletproof

Newage JDM STi engines, are stronger and more Powerful than UK but both versions are stronger than Classic STi engines, although maybe not as powerful but Cranks are much stroner and have better Oil feed. Also Newage Mapping & electronics are superior, adding to a better engine lifespan.

PPP engine is the same as a non PPP version but are comfortable tweaked to 305 early 02 STi's PPP had a piggyback chip (although no problem with mine) later in the year 02's PPP had ECU remap with EcuTek software.

Not the Case , Classic STi JDM's were stronger and much more Powerful than UK's. "But the brighter the Candle burns".

Although SUL and Octane booster were the main form os stopping detenation ECUTEK mapping of V5 onwards ECU's, has improve reliabity.

Another big engine killer is high Revs and JDM's Rev to 8K+ and UK 7K+.

IMHO

IIRC

AFAICR

Tony
Thanks
Old 23 April 2008, 06:29 AM
ice643
Scooby Regular

I have seen a few Bugeye sTis how much should i be paying for one ,I have seen them low as 7k to 11-12k,only problem i have is a PX.
One of them i saw was running at 340hp.