Sponsored by:

whats the best way to clear your car

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2008, 09:33 AM
andyseston
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best way to clear your car

can someone give me tips on how to make my car look new again.

i would spend about 2-3 hours cleaning it would will spend more tho to make look good.

what sort of procedure do you use etc and what sort of polish/ wax do you use?

cheers
Old 19 April 2008, 09:44 AM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

come to mine and we can clean them together!

and the cars
Old 19 April 2008, 09:58 AM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Wink

have a look in the car care section m8 there stickys with all you need to know about subaru cleaning, provided by these guys Polished Bliss - Car Care Products - Car Care Advice - Detailing Services.
i have bought alot of stuff from then now and there advice and products are first class.

have a look in my profile at what i managed to get mine like with help from the above
Old 19 April 2008, 12:26 PM
MrMajic
Scooby Regular

One of the simplest and most effective things to remember is to have two buckets: One with the warm soapy water, and one with clean water. Add soapy water to the sponge, wash an area, and then rinse the sponge in the clean water before 're-loading' the sponge in the soapy water. By the end of the wash you have a bucket of dirty water and bucket of (clean) soapy water. This ensures that the sponge is always clean when it's being used on the car, and reduces swirls and the like.
Old 19 April 2008, 12:33 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andyseston
i would spend about 2-3 hours cleaning it

...oh dear...

When your willing to spend more like 12 to 16 hours cleaning your car we'll talk.

Old 19 April 2008, 01:02 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

Originally Posted by MrMajic
One of the simplest and most effective things to remember is to have two buckets: One with the warm soapy water, and one with clean water. Add soapy water to the sponge, wash an area, and then rinse the sponge in the clean water before 're-loading' the sponge in the soapy water. By the end of the wash you have a bucket of dirty water and bucket of (clean) soapy water. This ensures that the sponge is always clean when it's being used on the car, and reduces swirls and the like.

I see the word sponge mentioned above AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH !!!, get yourself a nice woolen wash mit and use the two bucket method, the mit will not harbour the grit like a sponge does
Old 19 April 2008, 02:28 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I didn't see that - obviously the terror I felt blocked out any reference to it.

NEVER use a sponge on your car.

(And get into the Car Care forum to be re-educated" )

Trending Topics

Old 19 April 2008, 04:25 PM
Manx_STi
Scooby Regular

Total Impreaza Magazine has a whole feature dedicated to cleaning this month.. well worth a read if your interested in spanking up your motor! Think you can buy it via ebay now too so you dont have to subscribe.
Old 19 April 2008, 04:56 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ianch
have a look in the car care section m8 there stickys with all you need to know about subaru cleaning, provided by these guys Polished Bliss - Car Care Products - Car Care Advice - Detailing Services.
i have bought alot of stuff from then now and there advice and products are first class.

have a look in my profile at what i managed to get mine like with help from the above

Read those guides mate as stated here, you won't go wrong, some great info.
Old 19 April 2008, 10:55 PM
MrMajic
Scooby Regular

oops, where do I get a decent 'wash mitt', and can they be cleaned if they ar dropped, or do they need to be thrown away?

btw, I've also got a Porter Cable, which I would recommend.
Old 20 April 2008, 09:07 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrMajic
oops, where do I get a decent 'wash mitt', and can they be cleaned if they ar dropped, or do they need to be thrown away?

btw, I've also got a Porter Cable, which I would recommend.
few websites selling them, I just popped into Halfords and bought some meguirs stuff though, the mitts are really good, about £10 like, but after you've used it, rinse out and chuck in the washer, can be used lots of times

If you drop it just rinse it in your clear water, you should be using the "2 bucket" method anyway to avoid putting dirt and grime back onto the paintwork.
Old 20 April 2008, 09:51 AM
MrMajic
Scooby Regular

Cool, thanks.
Old 20 April 2008, 10:23 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Actually - the Halfords own brand lambswool mitts are very good (and IMO better than the meg's one). I had one that lasted me about 8 months before it started falling apart - the lambswool pile itself though was almost as good as the day I bought it; promptly replaced with another halfords own brand lambswool mitt! I've kept the other one but have relegated it to less critical duties

To wash - into the washing machine on a wool setting with non-bio washing liquid.

Old 20 April 2008, 10:24 AM
MrMajic
Scooby Regular

off to Hellfrauds later...
Old 20 April 2008, 10:58 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
Actually - the Halfords own brand lambswool mitts are very good (and IMO better than the meg's one). I had one that lasted me about 8 months before it started falling apart - the lambswool pile itself though was almost as good as the day I bought it; promptly replaced with another halfords own brand lambswool mitt! I've kept the other one but have relegated it to less critical duties

To wash - into the washing machine on a wool setting with non-bio washing liquid.

Tbh, i must admit I weent for the name when I bought mine more than anything, when I saw the price of the halfords own make I was tempted, ill probably pick one up now tbh, could do with another, cheers mate.