Sponsored by:

what are the odds.....

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2008, 07:14 PM
broke it
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the odds.....

I have a classic sti which blew a top radiator hose, after reading a few threads on here i take it that this is fairly common. After replacing the hose i noticed a small crack in the plastic end of the radiator.I replaced the rad and now it leaks coolant out the plastic expansion bottle behind the n/s headlight. what are your thoughts.........
Old 13 April 2008, 07:18 PM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

replace the whole coolant system! lol sorry buddy Im laughing at your name! Bad luck comes in 3s! Hopefully everything will be ok after that. I would give it a good check over though as you dont want a major leak happening if you could have prevented it. Check all hoses etc you can get them cheap! Has it been standing for long periods or anything?
Old 13 April 2008, 07:24 PM
broke it
Scooby Newbie

No it has been daily. My concern is that the head gasket has gone ££££££££. The only thing is it starts fine in the mornings etc. no misfire from fluid in the bores and still goes like f**k. doesn't over heat, i can't work it out.
Old 13 April 2008, 07:31 PM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

whats your oil filler cap like? Any mayo looking substance? Signs of water in there
Old 13 April 2008, 07:40 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Plastic bottle behind n/s h/light is where it will overflow from, did you refil system through rad top hose? check the pipe on top of the header tank (to left of alternator) is the one which joins a metal pipe that runs along the top of the rad to the overflow bottle behind n/s h/light. not the one at the bottom of header tank as it will just keep flowing out the system, hope i've not confused you!
Old 13 April 2008, 07:45 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

check to see if the system is over presurising too much,,, ( head gasket )

take to a MOT place and have them wave the C.O lambda gauge thingy over the top of the header tank with the engine running and the rad cap off,,,, presurising system from headgasket will show up CO levels when over the open rad cap
Old 13 April 2008, 08:43 PM
broke it
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the advice. Does anyone know any good garages around the gatwick airport area,just in case.