Sponsored by:

are there two colours of subaru gold? ie wheel colours

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2008, 06:13 PM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are there two colours of subaru gold? ie wheel colours

I have two sets of Subaru wheels (2005) and they are totally different colours! Is anyone aware if there is a reason for this? No refurbs been done
Old 12 April 2008, 06:19 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

The colour changed to a lighter gold during 2005 for the revised UK model with DCCD etc. The style of wheels also changed though I think, so this may not be what you are seeing. Unless of course they ran out of the darker stuff before ending production and had to use the newer lighter stuff
dnc
Old 12 April 2008, 06:34 PM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

yes thats what it must be then. I have both pairs. I prefer the darker gold but the tyres are all worn. I swapped the new pair on today(lighter) they have new tyres and are immaculate but not too keen on colour! I want one set re-furbed but it makes sense to do set with worn tyres and one wheel has curbing
Old 12 April 2008, 10:32 PM
willswrx
Scooby Regular

i've come accross this as well.

The original wheels on my '55 sti are the darker gold ones.

I bought a set that came off a newer hawkeye, exactly the same wheels but lighter gold. Can't make my mind up if i really like the lighter ones. They look a bit washed out to me.

Got the tyre swapping problem now too. Reluctant to do it in case i hate them ?
Old 13 April 2008, 07:25 AM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

Same boat mate! I put the new ones(lighter colour) on yesterday, I dont like the colour as much so what im going to do is let the wheels get really dirty and clean the rest of the car so I have dark wheels! They do looked washed out, more of a silvery gold if thats possible?! Im in a situation now wehre: I have two sets of wheels. DARK and LIGHT GOLD.

The dark ones I prefer but one wheel is slightly scratched and tyres need replacing so these should really be my choice to get refurbed and do anthracite. The light ones are immaculate and have new tyres hence me fitting to car yesterday. It seems a 'waste' getting these painted as they are immaculate..............But I dont like them as much!
Old 13 April 2008, 07:56 AM
reano
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarkie172
Same boat mate! I put the new ones(lighter colour) on yesterday, I dont like the colour as much so what im going to do is let the wheels get really dirty and clean the rest of the car so I have dark wheels! They do looked washed out, more of a silvery gold if thats possible?! Im in a situation now wehre: I have two sets of wheels. DARK and LIGHT GOLD.

The dark ones I prefer but one wheel is slightly scratched and tyres need replacing so these should really be my choice to get refurbed and do anthracite. The light ones are immaculate and have new tyres hence me fitting to car yesterday. It seems a 'waste' getting these painted as they are immaculate..............But I dont like them as much!
I had mine resprayed and the resprayer did a lighter gold at first I didn't like cause they didn't shine as much but now they do and look fine. Have a look in my profile.
Old 13 April 2008, 08:04 AM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

that looks lovely! My wheels are way lighter than those!