Sponsored by:

CRN brakes....

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2008, 05:21 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRN brakes....

anyone comment on these brakes? in this months total impreza.
looking to cahnge my discs ( brembos on a 98 sti5) and for price they are not bad.
cheers, shawn
Old 09 April 2008, 05:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

same here, scoobs brakes all round are wearing thin and i have been looking at a ferodo pad/grooved disc set up all round. the prices on their ebay shop seem excellent.
Old 09 April 2008, 05:34 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

This company sells these on eBay I got a front pair with Mintex Extreme pads £109
They look excellent bedded in quite quickly. Am not over impressed with the initial bite (not much experience on imprezas to compare it to) but its better than it was when it had 2 of each piston seized on the fronts
The discs are fairly noisy when new due to the amount of groves in them but they are quieting down now.
I haven’t really pushed the car hard since I put them on so cant comment on fade but they stopped me quick when an truck pulled out on me missis nearly head butted the dash
For the money got to be worth a try.
If you want better stopping power try a more expensive pad. Think they do Mintex Ctec or EBC.
Old 09 April 2008, 05:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rbaz
This company sells these on eBay I got a front pair with Mintex Extreme pads £109
They look excellent bedded in quite quickly. Am not over impressed with the initial bite (not much experience on imprezas to compare it to) but its better than it was when it had 2 of each piston seized on the fronts
The discs are fairly noisy when new due to the amount of groves in them but they are quieting down now.
I haven’t really pushed the car hard since I put them on so cant comment on fade but they stopped me quick when an truck pulled out on me missis nearly head butted the dash
For the money got to be worth a try.
If you want better stopping power try a more expensive pad. Think they do Mintex Ctec or EBC.
ws considering this, but im fonna go for ferodo ds2500 pads all round. when the time comes im gonna give 'em a call and see what quote they can give me as ive not seen a set up for a my99 uk classic.
Old 09 April 2008, 06:32 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They are very good quality discs, and ive tried a few, i quite like the mintex pads but i get a feeling they're just rebranded m1155 pads.

Pagid carbon pads are the dogs, can't quite remember the name rs4's i think but anyway they are known to kill the discs before the pads wear out.
Old 09 April 2008, 07:00 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
They are very good quality discs, and ive tried a few, i quite like the mintex pads but i get a feeling they're just rebranded m1155 pads.

Pagid carbon pads are the dogs, can't quite remember the name rs4's i think but anyway they are known to kill the discs before the pads wear out.
You mean the 1155's are like the extremes?
Aren’t the 1155's a track pad 1144's fast road and extreme a little better than std?
Why are the Extremes so cheap in comparison?
Will try to give it a good run out in the next few day will let you know how they are when hot
Hope they are 1155's rebranded.
Old 09 April 2008, 08:05 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When they say fast road they usually mean for smaller cars like pugs for example, the scoob however is a heavyweight by comparison so you need to step up a pad range for equal performance.

For example ebc recommend red stuffs for the scoob for fast road but with smaller cars they say green stuffs, which i wouldn't touch anyway.

The xtremes i wouldn't say they are the same as the m1155 range but id imagine they'd be similar performance wise.

From what ive read you only see the xtreme range catering for high performance cars, besides id imagine most subaru tuners would suggest m1155 at any rate.

Id say it's all a muchness between the xtreme and m1155.

Trending Topics

Old 10 April 2008, 04:24 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Just fitted a complete set of front and rears off these guys, they seem spot on and where a good price. I went to collect them from Chesterfield too, nice guys, from what i can gather they buy discs and then machine the grooves in thereselves with a CNC machine. From what i can gather they use a few different brands of disc to start with. Most likley ADL Blueprint for an impreza, which are a damn good disc to start with!
Old 10 April 2008, 04:53 PM
jim16v
Scooby Regular

ive recently fitted a full set of grooved disk and mintex extreme pads form these guy's, great product (brakes are 100% better now) and best of all the service from them is great, ive bought from the twice now and will do again when new barkes are needed!
Old 11 April 2008, 05:44 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

what are they like for the brembos? and price wise? cheers
Old 11 April 2008, 11:42 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Have given the car a decent run out tonight and am impressed so far. Fairly heavy use then 2 or 3 90mph-20mph stops and they haven’t shown any fade at all
Am not over impressed with the initial power of them but thats maybe just the cars setup letting you decide the pressure not the servo but not got another Impreza to compare it to but if you push hard enough they are work fantastic
Am not an ABS fan tho I like to know when its locked up and cant stop, not the pedal judder then **** yourself and press harder with opposite effect always think I can manage it better.
Will change the fluid and see if that improves things but thumbs up so far.