Sponsored by:

u/p d/p question

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2008, 12:07 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u/p d/p question

I had my car mapped by Simon. Hopefully, I secured purchase of a prodrive d/p and sti u/p from the guys here. After fitting I will obviously need another remap. I'm currently running 257bhp, with h&s bb, h&s centre, samco hoses, green panel filter.

After fitting the above what gains should I see. Will I be ok to run the car without a remap for a couple of months. Limited funds.

The guys sending me a resistor to plug into the up pipe sensor. Can I just plug the d/p sensor into the new prodrive one?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by martwrxsl; 02 April 2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02 April 2008, 12:11 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Sorry my cars wrx my03.
Old 02 April 2008, 12:49 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martwrxsl
I had my car mapped by Simon. Hopefully, I secured purchase of a prodrive d/p and sti u/p from the guys here. After fitting I will obviously need another remap. I'm currently running 257bhp, with h&s bb, h&s centre, samco hoses, green panel filter.

After fitting the above what gains should I see. Will I be ok to run the car without a remap for a couple of months. Limited funds.

The guys sending me a resistor to plug into the up pipe sensor. Can I just plug the d/p sensor into the new prodrive one?

Thanks for your help in advance.
not sure on figures but once map has been tweaked you should see some improvement.

it will be ok to drive until the mapping is done just drive it steady and off boost.

put the 2.2kohm resistor in the uppipe egt sensor plug on o/s suspension turret.i chopped the plug off old sensor and soldered the resistor to that and plugged it bac in when i did mine.

there is no downpipe sensor on a newage wrx,the lambda is in the centre cat.

you will need a centre decat pipe to connect the prodrive cat to centre section,the rear lambda then screws in to that.
Old 02 April 2008, 12:50 PM
Speech
Scooby Regular

Click on the Plus Profile < for full details of mods, but with STi u/p, 100Cell d/p and H&S 3rd CAT delete, centre section and b/box I'm hitting 280BHP after an Andy F remap on my MY03 WRX.
Old 02 April 2008, 02:51 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyroper
not sure on figures but once map has been tweaked you should see some improvement.

it will be ok to drive until the mapping is done just drive it steady and off boost.

put the 2.2kohm resistor in the uppipe egt sensor plug on o/s suspension turret.i chopped the plug off old sensor and soldered the resistor to that and plugged it bac in when i did mine.

there is no downpipe sensor on a newage wrx,the lambda is in the centre cat.

you will need a centre decat pipe to connect the prodrive cat to centre section,the rear lambda then screws in to that.
I have a centre decat with the sensor plugged in already. I thought there was a sensor boss at the top of the prodrive d/p? Is this just for the sti?
Old 02 April 2008, 02:53 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Speech
Click on the Plus Profile < for full details of mods, but with STi u/p, 100Cell d/p and H&S 3rd CAT delete, centre section and b/box I'm hitting 280BHP after an Andy F remap on my MY03 WRX.
That sounds great. Thanks for your info.
Old 02 April 2008, 06:18 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martwrxsl
I have a centre decat with the sensor plugged in already. I thought there was a sensor boss at the top of the prodrive d/p? Is this just for the sti?
not sure did not realise there was a sensor boss on them?

as far as i am aware the only sensor you need to worry about is the egt in uppipe.