Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are you a police with a scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2002, 10:00 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK how may of ya's have a scooby and do speed in it.
How fast? very been pulled for speeding? and wot did you say to get off the hook (if you tell us wot to say we love ya for it)

Thanx you. im not taking the p1ss i have full repect for police officers and the law.

[Edited by Ray_li - 1/26/2002 10:08:00 PM]
Old 26 January 2002, 10:24 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

LOL@topic.......

erm, for my sins im a police officer about to get a scooby!!!! (that should redeem me a bit!!!)

Not a lot you can sy to get off speeding, especially with those damn cameras!!!! (evil things of satan!!) But if you ever get stopped the best thing you can do is be polite and apologetic (the attitude test is still alive and kicking!!!)

Lets face it, we have to stop people who are speeding if only to appease members of public who may be watching!!! However if you had someone get out of their car and start having a go at you you are going to be far more likely to give em a ticket than if they get out and apologise. (dont work everytime......depends on the copper!) But it is good advice!!!
Old 26 January 2002, 10:25 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

* guilty, m'lud *
Old 26 January 2002, 10:41 PM
Carlos The Jackel
Scooby Regular

Wink

The police dont make the law they only enforce it
Old 26 January 2002, 10:44 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If stopped be a tad brown nosed!
I've been pulled twice for stupid speeds (pre Impreza) and got away with a caution.
Old 26 January 2002, 10:46 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

Good point! And i can tell you for definite that most police think the law is an *** in a lot of ways, but we do try!!! (we dont only deal with traffic law ya know!!!)
Old 26 January 2002, 10:47 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

The police service are affected by human nature, much like every other establishment or profession.

You get your good ones, your bad ones, and your *****$

I know - cos I work with a few.
Old 26 January 2002, 10:50 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Danbo

Hay you'll be good on this site. i can check any thing about road laws with you before i do things to my car

I thnk the scooby that the police force is using looks well hot (gets my blood going)
Old 26 January 2002, 11:08 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

I've heard a lot of rumours about police choosing who they stop for speeding, deliberately targeting scoobys.

Is there truth in unofficial policies like that
Old 26 January 2002, 11:14 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

certainly none where I work. In fact, all the guys are avid motorsport fans, and we have an annual pilgrimage to the Network Q
Old 26 January 2002, 11:31 PM
DamianH
Scooby Newbie

I got pulled on the motorway, no reason but got on the hard shoulder as soon as possible. Very nice i asked what for as i had done nothing wrong, he replied saying he just wanted to check car was ok. Before i departed he asked me to accelerate as quick as possible back onto the motorway, so i obliged. LOTUS CARLTON! Once 100mph in 10 seconds appeared i lifted off and he came back past after a while, thumbs up like a kid in a toy shop. Bless him.
Old 26 January 2002, 11:32 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

police WILL target scooby's, but thats only cos a lot get stolen, and lets face it, who would rather never be stopped and have car thieves get away with it than get stopped and know we are trying to catch the scum who increase our premiums!!!!????
Old 26 January 2002, 11:34 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Wasn't to sure, sometimes folk tend to exadurate when they are caught in the wrong. Helps them look more like a victim that the perpetrator. (big word)

With regards to thefts, what stops the little b's getting there hands on your beloved scoob?. Lots of discussions on the Insurance Topic. Talk of people getting robbed with threat of vilonce in their homes, in the street becuase imobilisers are getting better it is easier to steal the keys.

Any thoughts
Old 26 January 2002, 11:37 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I think that the Blackjax / Tracker combination is probably the most intelligent and safest in this case.
Old 26 January 2002, 11:40 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

I would agree, but as ive said before, if someone breaks into your house to find your keys, you need to make sure you havent left them somewhere obvious!!!
Old 26 January 2002, 11:47 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Still go back to this option every time, why arent there any systems on the market that operate from a different remote control.

Give them the keys if they threaten you or someone, and as they go to drive away press it to imobilise! seems to simple to be true.
Old 26 January 2002, 11:52 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

coz people are too lazy to separate the remote!!! simple as that!
Old 26 January 2002, 11:54 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Danbo

With my wife and two young children upstairs, I'd rather them find the keys, than come upstairs to ask

Your a brave man coming out on here. We have had a couple of fake's on here in the past. If your the real deal I'm sure your skin is thick enough to deal with some of the anti police crap some post on here.

Honesty worked with me the last time. Admitted to driving like a pillock. Female traffic cop let me off, young upstart wanted to do me . His face was a picture. Chest was puffed up like a peakcock

Cheers

Jonathan
Old 27 January 2002, 12:00 AM
Pierre T
Scooby Newbie

Question

I am probably the most guilty person ever of slagging the police off because of all the anti motorist policies (the biased speed camera trials in Northampton etc).

I'll hold my hand up now and admit "yes I am wrong. The police do not make the laws. They just enforce them. Without police, we would be in a sorry state".

That said, I was pulled over last Jan for doing 86mph, and I was prosecuted. A friend of mine was prosecuted for doing 83mph. Both of these incidents were on an empty motorway.
I always believed that the traffic police used their discretion and rarely pulled people over for less than 90mph unless they are driving recklessly?

Have policies or attitudes changed?

I drive on very quiet motorways every day and brek the speed limit every day, like a lot of other people, but recently I've been very concerned with the prospect of losing my license.

Are the police becoming far more strict on speeding, and is it really to cut accidents down?

I'm not at all convinced that the country will benefit from everyone staying below 70mph.

Thoughts please?

Pierre
Old 27 January 2002, 12:05 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

I take your point!!! and its a matter for you how you deal with your security!!! However i would agree that your families safety is paramountand i respect you for that.

However, the people who USUALLY do the burglaries are ****heads who are terrified of confrontation, and i am yet to dael with a job myself of someone eho is willing to wake people up and threaten them for a set of car keys!!! (this type of crime is extremely rare thankfully!!!) (and i work in slough!!! so i should know!!)

And on a lighter note, yes i am quite happy to put up with anti police stuff, cos not all of us are idiots, its just the few who give us a bad name!!! (and i get far worse in person so who gives a crap!!)
Old 27 January 2002, 12:11 AM
AHall_at_home
Scooby Regular

I got 3 points for a TS10 - not stopping at a red light. One of those I'm gonna make it.. floor it... get caught doing the speed limit over a red light... if only I'd been doing the limit in the first place situations...

but thankfully I haven't got pulled for speeding. I regularly drive at ~90 on a motorway if the conditions allow. I look ahead. I'm aware of when people in front of me might want to pull out. I would be somewhat disgusted (but accepting) if police pulled me over and prosecuted me. It is the law, I do break it, but (I'd like to think) in a way that doesn't affect other people - not like in the stealing cars thread

MHO
Old 27 January 2002, 12:16 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

Well said, i think if anyone says they never break the law then they are lying!!! As long as people are considerate as your reply suggests then i see no problem!
Old 27 January 2002, 12:21 AM
mick s
Scooby Regular

The law is the law is the law but prosecuted for maybe 90 on an empty motorway at 2 in the morning is very different from 35 outside a school at 3 in the afternoon.For this you should be hung drawn and quartered!
Old 27 January 2002, 12:27 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

I must have read people saying "I break the speed limit only when it safe" on here a million times, but how do you know its safe? Anything could happen!

Going along the M61 earlier with my dad doing 85-90 in the outside lane, quite quiet for a saturday, when all of a sudden a bloody strong gust of wind hits us from one side and sends the car into Lane 2. Luckily it was empty and we carried on (quite a bit slower I must add) but it just goes to show that anything can happen. It wasnt a particularly windy day and this came totally out of the blue, so how can you possibly say its safe to do ridiculous speeds?

Watch what your doing guys, the last thing any of us wants to hear is that a Scoobynet member was killed speeding.
Old 27 January 2002, 12:28 AM
AHall_at_home
Scooby Regular

Wink

Danbo,

You're a policeman buying a Scooby Turbo (mine's just a sport...) - There's no way you're gonna keep within the limit on the open road (specially if you change to a SS or Mag zaust!!). Good to see you're open to the "subtleties" of the law.

Good point about town limits, mick. 30 is generally too high, so above it is criminal.
Old 27 January 2002, 12:45 AM
mick s
Scooby Regular

Andi you are 100% correct that anything can and does happen and I am in no way condoning speeding or reckless or dangerous driving.There are times when if the limit is 70 for example 40 may be more appropriate.But "i was doing 30 outside the school when i knocked down the child" is no excuse.All I am saying is your brain is more important than your right foot.
Old 27 January 2002, 12:55 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ahall_at_home,

I think you're missing the point aren't you. Danbo doesn't have to worry about speeding as he's in the right job to get away with it should the need arise.

Just cast you mind back over the years to all those cases reported in the various motoring press of police officers (some of them senior) being stopped at ludicrous speeds, but not getting done as 'it was not seen as being in the public ineterest to prosecute them'.

Yeah right!

Regards,

tiggers.
Old 27 January 2002, 01:06 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

you are talking about people at the top of their profession!!! I personally get away with no more than you!!! In fact if i end up in court i will get a worse penalty cos of my job, cos we are not seen as humans we are seen as a uniform for what we do, even by magistrates.

I do not condone speeding, and agree with the comment about 40 being more acceptable than the national speed limit in certain situations. People need to be sensible, but on a quiet back road in the middle of the night i cannot see any problem in bending the rules a little, as long as you are aware and careful. As ive said before and as any driving instructor will tell you, it aint the speed, its the driver!
Old 27 January 2002, 01:08 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Yeah, whatever.
Old 27 January 2002, 01:12 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

You are entitled to your opinion, but i think you have been a tad jaded by the press (who believes all of that anyway). most police officers will concur with what im saying. we are not above the law and we dont always believe in it!!! But we have to enforce it coz thats our job. we run the same risks if we break it as you do! We takes our chances........we pays the penalties!!

Quick Reply: are you a police with a scooby?