Sponsored by:

FAO STi 5/6 owners

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2008, 08:31 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool FAO STi 5/6 owners

Would one of you please do me a favour and send me a pic or 2 of the rear windscreen motor and rear parcel shelf.

I have managed to get an STi 6 rear window and wiper and just want to see where the motor goes so I can make sure it will fit before removing the rear window and finding that it won't fit. I have an MY00 Classic which I am hopeing is the same as the STi 6 shell.

Cheers
Steve
Old 27 March 2008, 08:50 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve

I did this on my Dutch Import MY00 classic a good few years ago

The only thing that isnt there is the hole for the washer reservoir, but all the bolt holes are there

In the centre of the boot there should be a bracket which will hold the motor in place, you will also need the relay for the motor, and the relay that goes under the bonnet too, and a wiper arm that has the rear controls on it (or just wire it to a seperate switch) I got the arm but it means losing intermittent wipe unless your stalks are on the opposite sides

Oh and I had to cut a hole in the parcel shelf, once you get the motor up against the bracket in the boot you will see where you will need to cut the parcel shelf

Steve
Old 27 March 2008, 09:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Been there, done that, on a '98 UK car.

As stated, the hardest part was cutting a neat, and accurate hole in the boot lip for the reservoir. You can see where it goes, just to the left of the o/s rear light, there is a flat circular area. I drilled it small, drilled it out to 13mm, the biggest drill I had, then filed it slowly to size with much trying for fit.

Alcazar