MY CAR FEELS LIKE DRIVING ON MARBLES

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2008, 03:47 PM
jasonarch.scooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY CAR FEELS LIKE DRIVING ON MARBLES

HI
ANYONE HELP, JUST FITTED NEW REAR ANTI-ROLL BAR DROP LINKS TO THE CAR, (POWERFLEX), AND NOW THE **** END FEELS WELL SLOPPY AS IF ITS GOING TO SPIN ROUND, JUST HAD NEW TYRES FITTED TO FRONT TODAY ASWELL, SO I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE ABIT SLOPPY TILL THEY BED IN , BUT BACK END HAS FELT LIKE THIS FOR A WEEK OR SO SINCE I FITTED THE DROP LINKS, NEW TO SUBARUS SO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

CHEERS

JASE
Old 26 March 2008, 06:38 PM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

Hi Jase - hopefully you'll get some other opinions on here as well so you can temper my answer with theirs and get a consolidated opinion. But I can tell you for certain that when I fitted solid droplinks (and uprated 24mm rear rollbar) on mine, the back end was certainly more edgy afterwards !! At the end of the day though that is part of the point - attempting to dial out the understeer. Clearly you can go too far and end up with it handling like an M3 and spinning you off the road ;0)

Also check the treads on your tires - with 4WD cars you should really be changing all 4 tires at once. Expensive - but worth it because differently worn tires on front and back GREATLY influence handling and cornering.

hope this helps
Old 27 March 2008, 03:50 PM
jasonarch.scooby
Scooby Newbie

i am running it on perelli pzero nero 205/40/17, all tyres did have loads of tread, but the person who had the car before me, had the front towing in, which cained the tyres on the inside, so only needed two tyres, and now the fronts are marshall 40 series martac, good tyre, same as kumo ecsta. so now all tyres back to new again?