Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I actually enjoy damp/wet road conditions now..

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2008, 11:09 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I actually enjoy damp/wet road conditions now..

Used to dread driving in any kind of non-dry road condition (Except for when I had the Audi A3).

Had to travel about 10 miles earlier to go help a mate who had some problems with his Laptop.

Took the west MK route which as some will know is a bit derelict at the moment as it's all new build so hardly any car's on the road and the road's are freshly laid most of the time. Nothing too exciting, single wide carriage ways, a few medium sized roundabouts (if you zig zag your way through) and incline/declining corners and roads.

Zig zagged my way across to find the roads empty, road surface was damp and there was a light drizzle so decided to test out the other DCCD settings I hadn't tried out yet (only ever used diff-free and 2nd green light). Came down a left turn off a roundabout to a nice open stretch of road, some rapid shifting got the car very quickly up to speed (of the road that is) and saw the road winds left and right and then downhill.

Wound up the diff slowly until I could felt the front tyres biting and the steering getting heavy and then very lightly started feeding in some throttle. I took the first sweeping S bend slowly to get an idea of the DCCD setting but I was impressed at how much faster I went in and came out of the next S bend.

In and out of the roundabout the grip was amazing, as I straightend out on the road I fed in a bit more of the throttle quickly and the car just gripped and launched itself down the road. This time a sweeping right bend into a medium clear roundabout, I just coasted at my speed up to the roundabout, clear so started feeding in power as I went through, by the time I came out I was going faster than I had come in.. absolutely impressed

Left me with a smile on my face and kids didn't need to go ballistic speeds to enjoy the car, just had lots of fun with the DCCD, my Bridgestone Tyres (lol) and a few damp/wet roads.