Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i am in a right pickle with my front passengers window.

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2008, 07:09 PM
barndogg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am in a right pickle with my front passengers window.

Ok.

I was sitting in the passenger seat with my mate in the drivers seat. He unwound my window using the driver controls and then put on the child lock. I tried to wind it up and it wouldn't go. He did as well, with the child lock still on, and couldn't. He took the child lock off and then when i tried o couldn't either! I am a little concerned that we might have pressed the buttons at the same time or something.. could this have a shorting effect?

Right now the passenger window is fully down and If you listen carefully you can hear the motor work when try and undo it more but when you try to do the window up there is nothing from the motor??

The above kinda made me think that it is not a fuse problem because there is power.

I have had the door panel off and gentley tried to lever the window glass up throgh the panel when attempting to do the windpw up with the switch, still nothing!

I was wondering if any scooby heads knew if there is some kind of over ride that io need to do or any ideas on what the problem is!

Thank you in advance..

Old 16 March 2008, 07:30 PM
Phildodd06
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barndogg
Ok.

I was sitting in the passenger seat with my mate in the drivers seat. He unwound my window using the driver controls and then put on the child lock. I tried to wind it up and it wouldn't go. He did as well, with the child lock still on, and couldn't. He took the child lock off and then when i tried o couldn't either! I am a little concerned that we might have pressed the buttons at the same time or something.. could this have a shorting effect?

Right now the passenger window is fully down and If you listen carefully you can hear the motor work when try and undo it more but when you try to do the window up there is nothing from the motor??

The above kinda made me think that it is not a fuse problem because there is power.

I have had the door panel off and gentley tried to lever the window glass up throgh the panel when attempting to do the windpw up with the switch, still nothing!

I was wondering if any scooby heads knew if there is some kind of over ride that io need to do or any ideas on what the problem is!

Thank you in advance..

It could be the switch, try disconecting both plugs from the drivers controls, thn plug the passenger plug into the drivers part of the switch.
Old 16 March 2008, 09:07 PM
barndogg
Scooby Regular

i just tested the nearside passenger rear switch on the front passenger window. When i replaced the nearside passenger rear switch on its original window, it now causes the same problem on that window~!!!!! it will go down but not up??

Liked it has carried the problem back with it?/

Is there anyway to reset the window system?

Cheers,
Old 16 March 2008, 09:43 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barndogg
i just tested the nearside passenger rear switch on the front passenger window. When i replaced the nearside passenger rear switch on its original window, it now causes the same problem on that window~!!!!! it will go down but not up??

Liked it has carried the problem back with it?/

Is there anyway to reset the window system?

Cheers,
Sounds like the switch itself is knackered if the problem moved with the switch. Try to get one from a breakers like Grade A or someone, shouldn't cost a lot.