Sponsored by:

SIGN THIS PETITION NOW GUYS!!!!! unfair VED bands

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2008, 01:38 PM
forest172
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIGN THIS PETITION NOW GUYS!!!!! unfair VED bands

Angry about the unfair VED increase in the 2008 budget, click the link and sign the e-petition NOW!!!!

Petition to: Remove the unfair and unjust retrospective Vehicle Execise Duty levy (back to 2001 year vehicles) as announced in the Budget on 12/3/08.

post this link on other forums folks and e-mail your mates, lets make a stand for a change, instead of always being ripped off!!!!!!
Old 13 March 2008, 01:40 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I admire the sentiment ....... but it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.
Old 13 March 2008, 01:43 PM
forest172
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I admire the sentiment ....... but it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.
well we`ll just take it on the chin then!
Old 13 March 2008, 01:44 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I won't be signing as I feel it's neither unfair or a rip-off.
Old 13 March 2008, 01:54 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Signed.
Old 13 March 2008, 01:55 PM
Lisawrx

Signed.
Old 13 March 2008, 01:56 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
It is and it is!

Signed.

Trending Topics

Old 13 March 2008, 01:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

How many will sign this and then sit in their cosy warm sitting room on a November Election Day, instead of getting up and actually voting?

Clicking a few buttons is simple, getting off bums and putting some effort in is completely different to most ......... and thats why we get shafted.
Old 13 March 2008, 01:59 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

the only way they would even sit up and take notice is if we all kicked off like they do in france with full scale rioting and destruction.
im afraid and sad to say that english people have lost their voice and b******s which is why they keeping screwing us over year after year,because we just look the other way and let them do it.there has to be change soon because i think when we finally do snap there will be big problems in this country
Old 13 March 2008, 02:06 PM
forest172
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ianch
the only way they would even sit up and take notice is if we all kicked off like they do in france with full scale rioting and destruction.
im afraid and sad to say that english people have lost their voice and b******s which is why they keeping screwing us over year after year,because we just look the other way and let them do it.there has to be change soon because i think when we finally do snap there will be big problems in this country

Too right and well said!!!!!!
Old 13 March 2008, 03:38 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

How many will sign this and then sit in their cosy warm sitting room on a November Election Day, instead of getting up and actually voting?

Clicking a few buttons is simple, getting off bums and putting some effort in is completely different to most ......... and thats why we get shafted.
This is the exact reason why Gordon Brown never held an election last year. Opinion polls showed they'd lose, as the British population are sick of being taxed to the teeth under new Labour.

Most people on here would have voted them out. Given the chance more people would vote this time round. Unfortunately Labour won't give us the chance yet.
Old 13 March 2008, 03:43 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ianch
Well said.
The mindset of the British population these days is they'd like protests to happen just as long as they don't have to attend, or it stops them going about there daily business.
Old 13 March 2008, 03:49 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

done
Old 13 March 2008, 03:53 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

and that statement sums up exactly what's wrong with politicians in this country
Old 13 March 2008, 04:07 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

i still think the whole leadership change is wrong.in my opinion when a leader steps down or dies etc. whilst in office there should be an immediate general election. people had voted for tony blair to be pm (god knows why) not gordon brown he was just the next best muppet for the job in the shambles of the party.

my only concern would be which party is better at the end of the day they are all the same greedy and out to make a name for themselves.they spend all there time quoting made up figures instead of dealing with the real issues and the good of the country
Old 13 March 2008, 04:27 PM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Signed.
Old 13 March 2008, 04:55 PM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

we cant have it all way's!

now im certainly no ecologist or whatever but seriously the weather is weird,

One day very very heavy Rain (enough to cause flooding across the country) another day a big earthquake, and fairly often extreme wind's...

If me paying £415 to tax the scoob a year will help meet our co2 targets in the future I dont disagree with it.

The extra money will go towards greener energy, greener cars etc. Creating Many job's in this industry in research, testing and development.

Either way you look at it the world is changing.

The gov have given an extra £2bil towards our front line troops (some of whom im sure are our friends) over £4bil in healthcare and schooling. £2 per week extra per child, and a lower income tax rate....which im sure a lot of you posted when someone said how is this going to affect you! most of us are better off.

I personally think Darling is doing a great job, our economy has grown, where other countries have fallen.

I just hope they can sort out the problems with immigration etc.

Good luck to them.

Last edited by superscoobx; 13 March 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: additions dear boy
Old 13 March 2008, 04:58 PM
scotthldr
Scooby Regular

Done
Old 13 March 2008, 05:00 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Either way you look at it the world is changing
Yes its called a natual cycle,the earth has been doing this for millions of years.Don't be fooled into thinking vehicle emmisions are the cause of this because they aren't
Old 13 March 2008, 05:02 PM
sandycam
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by superscoobx

If me paying £415 to tax the scoob a year will help meet our co2 targets in the future I dont disagree with it.
but it won't, not unless we kill all the cows too!
(do a google on cows+cars+co2)
Old 13 March 2008, 05:06 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

yep agree with the above.Its the cattle and animals that cause more damage to the enviroment than cars best cull them all and all become vegans
Old 13 March 2008, 05:10 PM
superscoobx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Yes its called a natual cycle,the earth has been doing this for millions of years.Don't be fooled into thinking vehicle emmisions are the cause of this because they aren't

im well aware of a natural cycle, but im certainly not in a position to cavalier with my future and my childrens future.

I was unlucky enough to have a look at the floods from a helicopter last year, and the main thing that sticks in my head was the miles and miles of cars on the M1 motorway. Im talking 11 miles stood, 3 lanes. And all the roads surrounding the floods.

Thats a LOT of car's.

Last time this natural cycle occured, im sure the cars wernt involved, this ammount of jet's, etc etc.

But strangly cows were!
Old 13 March 2008, 05:11 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
You can pay mine then.

Signed
Old 13 March 2008, 05:16 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

One day very very heavy Rain (enough to cause flooding across the country) another day a big earthquake, and fairly often extreme wind's...

The extra money will go towards greener energy, greener cars etc. Creating Many job's in this industry in research, testing and development.

Are you for real?

Earthquakes caused by Global warming?
Earthquakes have been happening for Billions of years, and will continue to do so untill the world explodes.

£415 will not meet any co2 targets. All £415 will do is boost Governments coffers. You are deluded to think otherwise. If we all bought a Diesel car tomorrow, you'd see Diesel Tax rise overnight too. All those people who were tanking up every 300 miles are now tanking up every 500 miles meaning less money to Government. Raising fuel taxes level it back up. Then what would Government do? Blame Diesel for Global warming with all the soot they spew out.

Where is all the Green taxes going? Green energy development? No.

Same as the rise in Alchohol duty. 4p a pint is not going to stop binge drinking, as drinking 10 pints is only 40p extra. All it does is raise funds.

Edited to say:
If the Government say it enough times, stupid people belive it.

Last edited by stilover; 13 March 2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 13 March 2008, 05:19 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

FFS, I've heard it all now, how can earthquakes be caused by global warming?
Old 13 March 2008, 05:23 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I'll tell you when I stopped believing, it was when the BBC blamed Norfolk coastal erosion on rising sea levels!

How far do they think it's risen, about 30 feet?
Old 13 March 2008, 05:25 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Make sure you sign it, it can make a difference. The other political parties pay close attention to areas where they think they can get some votes.

If lots of people sign this, then they will perhaps alter their policies giving us some choice come election time.

(signed btw )
Old 13 March 2008, 05:29 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

anyway back on topic....is this petition about the fact that these tax bands affect 2001 cars onwards instead of the current 2006 registered cars onwards

If so im not signing it as i dont think older cars with the same co2 levels should pay less

Edited to add: I think all cars should be subject to emissions taxing not 2001 onwards as it will get the old ****ters off the road,but i do think the tax should be a lot less than proposed or scrapped altogether in favour of adding the cost to fuel.Pay as you Drive sort of thing

Last edited by scooby-tc; 13 March 2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 13 March 2008, 05:34 PM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Are you for real?

Earthquakes caused by Global warming?
Earthquakes have been happening for Billions of years, and will continue to do so untill the world explodes.

£415 will not meet any co2 targets. All £415 will do is boost Governments coffers. You are deluded to think otherwise. If we all bought a Diesel car tomorrow, you'd see Diesel Tax rise overnight too. All those people who were tanking up every 300 miles are now tanking up every 500 miles meaning less money to Government. Raising fuel taxes level it back up. Then what would Government do? Blame Diesel for Global warming with all the soot they spew out.

Where is all the Green taxes going? Green energy development? No.

Same as the rise in Alchohol duty. 4p a pint is not going to stop binge drinking, as drinking 10 pints is only 40p extra. All it does is raise funds.

Edited to say:
If the Government say it enough times, stupid people belive it.
Spot on there. Theres a Green bandwagon rolling and we're all jumping/being pushed on it .

The last earth cycle was caused by the dinosaur's, they brought it on in there massive cars, buses and aeroplanes. Prehistoric man brought in an dinosaur transport tax, but sadly it did nothing . The earth does its thing - end off.
Old 13 March 2008, 05:34 PM
scotthldr
Scooby Regular

Either way you look at it the world is changing.

The gov have given an extra £2bil towards our front line troops (some of whom im sure are our friends) over £4bil in healthcare and schooling. £2 per week extra per child, and a lower income tax rate....which im sure a lot of you posted when someone said how is this going to affect you! most of us are better off.

I personally think Darling is doing a great job, our economy has grown, where other countries have fallen.

I just hope they can sort out the problems with immigration etc.

Good luck to them.

Us giving the goverment more money will not make cars any greener. Only the manufacturer's can do that and even then it comes down to the fuel that produces the amount of CO2. As for the £2bn for the armed services and £4bn for the Health service that will get swallowed up in red tape/administration with hardly any of the money getting to where it's needed. As for our economy it isn't growing it is actually on the verge of recession but that is a world wide situation.

Rather than penalise the normal person on the street why don't they increase the tax on airlines/road hauliers that are causing massive so called carbon footprints.

Why should I have to fork out another £100 a year just to keep my car on the road before fuel, Mot, Insurance.

What does Mr Darling want me to do? Scrap my car?

I thought the whole point of this was to keep the so called "Gas Guzzlers" off the road but how is that going to work? Every one that has bought a large family car even some medium size ones since April 2001 is going to be hammered, does he think that people are going to change from say a Mondeo to a Smart car, No of course he doesn't, he knows dam well that families need a family size car so it's easy money for him.

I bought my car 3 years ago when it cost £180 to tax, fair enough putting the tax on new cars then people have the choice to buy on not, but its not on to penalise people that bought a car 7 years ago when this wasn't even an issue. Why stop at cars registered after April 2007 why just not go full hog and hammer every driver after all older cars run dirtier therefore putting out more CO2

On the bright side I will get £75 more a year in child benefit Oh yes i forgot i have to pay an extra £100 in Car tax so am £25 worse off

Mr Darling and New Labour can go and **** themselves as far as am concerned. I for one have never nor will vote Labour.

Quick Reply: SIGN THIS PETITION NOW GUYS!!!!! unfair VED bands