A few pics from the local racetrack

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2008, 04:37 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts
Default A few pics from the local racetrack

Hello,
I went to Sturup raceway yesterday; I wasn't expecting it to be open since their website shows that the first track day is in April but since I had nothing to do I thought of going round to have a look and also try the new camera Still need to learn a lot of things though!
It was the instructors who were being trained yesterday and was great to watch them. They started with FWD cars (Fiat Stilo with serial gearbox and Alfa 147 both stripped with buckets & rollcage), then the Porsches followed by the monoseaters. They even took me out for a spin in the Stilo and I was chuffed It was my first time being driven by an instructor and was a great experience. Although it was raining heavily and with normal tyres and brakes the car handled well but the instructor was complaining about the bad conditions and that he could not drive fast enough, lol! It was a good feeling being strapped with the harnesses and you could really feel what the car was doing. The circuit was very organised with very good facilities. Here's a few pics from the day, I hope you like:

I love the sound and looks of the Cayman