Sponsored by:

Help - Problem with Exhaust and company

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2001, 02:16 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

What is the legal score with posting my terrible experience with a UK company on the board as i am really hacked off, and would like everyone to know the off hand manner i have been treated so others dont get treated the same way.
Old 04 January 2001, 03:37 PM
Paul M
Scooby Regular

I think..... as long as it's done 'in your opinion' and things are 'alledged' you can say nearly anything you wish, if it's true say it. remebering levels of decency in language terms.
Old 04 January 2001, 03:47 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I did this recently with a problem with a computer company without upsetting anyone.

In my opinion, alleged and without predudice seem to work. Don't do it if you have entered into litigation with 'em though.

I explained the problem, my course of action, their responses (or lack of) and what i would like them to do.
Old 04 January 2001, 04:01 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

TypeR, one thing though: are you sure you have tried all reasonable ways to sort it out with that company ? If so, than go ahead, but it is always better to try and settle things with the company in question.

Reason I say this is because in the past that we have seen companies being slaughtered, only to hear later on that there were 2 sides to the story. (not trying to moralize, mind you).

Perhaps first explain the problems at hand and see if someone can give a bit of advice - without any name calling (sic).

If that doesn't help, then flame away
Old 04 January 2001, 06:40 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

As long as you relate it to your direct experience as opposed to general comments you are more or less bullet proof.
Old 04 January 2001, 06:49 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I ordered an Blitz exhaust through Option MotorSport in July 2000, who ordered it through Razelogic, and it took nearly 4 months to arrive. When it did arrive the system did not fit. I had the choice wait even longer possibly to the new year, or Option MS offered to chop it up and make it fit.

I took the second option so i had an Exhaust on my car for my forthcoming Trackday. Any way spent 4 hours waiting for it to fit which they did a mighty fine job. At the the time i had a CAT replacement pipe put on it.

I drove off slightly tired and disgruntled with a nice sounding Exhaust. MOT was due begininging of December, time to put the CAT back on. It was a mile out. I then had to pay to get someone to fit it as i was movin house/job etc.

I phoned Option and complained, who rang Razelogic, who rang me back.

The Gentleman in question was very accomodating and said dont worry i will sort you out with a full refund or replacement when i get back from Japan.

He gets back from Japan, no call, then Christmas, New Year. I left emails etc to call me. Phoned on Tuesday, no one returned any calls, likewise today and yesterday.

One rather hacked off customer. In total the exhaust has been on the car for 5 weeks in the 6 months since i placed the order.

I have come to a mutual agreement today of a £200 refund and refiting of exhaust to CAT so it goes on Perfecto.

I have to say i was not entirely satisfied but happy to finally get an exhaust back on to my car (Feb or Mar).

Resolved but thought customer service was poor.