Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Number of seesions / no of cars on track ? what does it all mean ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2001, 12:06 AM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gary

it means that the 25 cars will be split into 3 groups of approx. 8 or 9, these groups will then go out for usually 15 or 20 mins in rotation, so you normally get about one session per hour.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Andy
Old 04 January 2001, 12:20 AM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Winchester, s'funny I'm working there, the track day is at Goodwood BTW which is just down the road from us. Email me if you want details

Phew !

Thanks for that. I started panicking when I read a post about donnington where they had 90 cars in 3 sessions !!, Ouch don't fancy that much (well not an my second track day).

Yippee I'll be hard pressed to smash anyone of the track then
Old 04 January 2001, 12:36 AM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Gary

I managed to hit a tyre wall backwards at Goodwood recently with only 5 or 6 cars on track - was raining though

Don't want to worry you or anything

Rich.
Old 04 January 2001, 12:51 AM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

I suspect that had more to do with speed and traction, rather than the number of cars on the track.

Hope you didn't do too much damage

Cheers
Andy
Old 04 January 2001, 11:53 AM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Question

I guess I'm being stupid here

Went on a track day last year, and they ran an 'open pit lane' that is, you go out do a few laps (5 or so) then come in and join the back of the queue waiting to get back on track.

I liked this, it worked really well and we got loads of track time. Also let my brakes etc cool down (5 laps is definitely cooking by then).

Thing is, I've a track day on 27th And there are going to be 25 cars there, running 3 sessions. What does that mean ?. Surely that doesn't mean there's only 3 sessions during the whole day !!! my car can't last 2 hours on track !. And 25 cars on the same track seems a bit like a traffic jam on the M25 ?

Please explain someone !

Gary
Old 04 January 2001, 01:29 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Red face

Rich_R

And you had to tell me now I'm really scared !.

How much damage ? did you claim of your insurance ? did they tell you where to stick your claim ?

Ok I'm getting some track insurance then.

Would you say Goodwood is not a good track for a beginner ? I looked at the footage and that track is not very wide - more of a bridleway than a proper race track . Plus no run off. Oh God, what am I doing
Old 04 January 2001, 01:55 PM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Andy - thanks, not too much damage - a few scratches, dents and a slightly bent rear bumper - lucky really.

Gary - Goodwood is fine - its just not very grippy after somewhere like Donnington. + with the rain & standing water...can be very slippy.

I lost it braking late into the chicane and came out sideways keeping the power down. Must have hit the standing water as I ended up spinning 270 - what a plonker

You can see how wet it was exiting the chicane (3rd pic up from bottom on the Goodwood link):

Trending Topics

Old 04 January 2001, 02:04 PM
Davvers
Scooby Regular

Cool

Goodwood is a '*****' circuit. It is very very fast, there are only a few significant bends, the track is wide but the run off is minimal, there is only one corner you can make a mistake on - St Marys the only left hander, if you are lucky you will end up in a field, if not you end your career like Stirling Moss.
Seriously its a good track, with some very fast bends that you will get confident with as the day goes on. Don't lift for Fordwater - see if you can get to 130 on the back straight.
Goodwood are very strict on noise and measure everyone before going on track and at 3 points on the circuit. If you have a noisy exhaust you may be in trouble.
They only allow 8 on the track at once depending on the noise level, if its a 'loud' day they only allow 6. You will have no problems with traffic, if they have an instructor sit with them first.

Just re read that and it sounds very patronising doesn't it - sorry, didn't mean to be.
Old 04 January 2001, 02:26 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Wink

Goodwood was excellent... managed 130+ on the back straight... and got the car to fish-tail at about 115mph through the water...

Rich_R was trying to get a good shot of us coming through the cicaine, at least thats what I thought when I saw him on the verge to the left of it