Sponsored by:

08 sti or evo mr,fq 330

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2008, 11:31 PM
scooby_300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 sti or evo mr,fq 330

Just had a interesting day im looking for a new car at the moment and saw a nice evo mr,fq 340 for sale from where i bought my subaru.

So i popped up there for a little spin (nice car unbelievable performance) but with a little one on the way it was just a bit too much for a every day car it just felt alot more raw than the scoob
in all honesty the fastest nearest thing to a supercar i have ever been in! (including my uncles c4 s )

After i came back and parked up the evo the sale guy asks if i have drove the new sti yet (no why do you have one ) Yer ill take you out in it and give you a drive.

So the sti what was it like?
Well it felt tame maybe due to the fact that i just been driving the evo. It was smooth,the steering was nice it felt like an every day family hatch until the sales guy ask if i would like to take it out of i mode and switch to sports sharp.
In my opinion thats when it became a true sti it felt alive ok not as quick as the evo id just been driving but this was in standard form (no ppp etc) it felt very responsive and a joy to drive.

I asked about the ppp and the rumoured 400 bhp and he said what he heard was that the ppp was going to be nearer the 340/350 mark but he also heard that they might be making a 400 bhp special edition in the near future

So i have a few more cars to test drive inc the new a3 sporthatch diesel s line and a second hand 535d but the new sti is a real contender at the moment.
Old 24 February 2008, 12:53 AM
scatty
Scooby Regular

its a hard life......evo nice...not sure bout the new sti looks yet.......
Old 24 February 2008, 10:40 AM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Just my twopenneth. You are looking at a massively diverse group of cars. You need to ask yourself not just which one you prefer but also how much each of them will really cost. It depends how many miles you do, but the difference in running costs between the Audi A3 diesel and the Evo or STI will be enormous. You will also be able to sell the Audi a darn site easier than either of the Jap cars.

To give an example, my Civic diesel is currently costing me more than 3 grand a year less to run than my STI. I know you don't want a Civic, but the running cost comparison is still relevant. You could find yourself in a really odd situation where you could run a Porsche for the same total outlay as say, the EVO. You seem to need some element of practicality so my Porsche example might not be that good, but you get my point.

Oh, you heard it here first - superunleaded will hit £1.20/litre this year.