Sponsored by:

Help advice needed asap

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2008, 12:28 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help advice needed asap

Guys not too sure if i have made a mistkae or if i have been lucky and can get a way with it.

i have a 99 uk turbo which has had a 2004 uk wrx engine fitted along with a few mods, one of which is a

HKS RS induction kit with the alloy hard pipe. i have had a few running issues since getting the car and it seems to be popping MAF sensors, it was replaced about 8 weeks ago just b4 i got it and popped another last week

both len and bob rawle suggested that the hks kit was maybe the casue as it is a foam kit and not MAF friendly so i bought a K&N from scoobyworld and fitted it tonight.

I have two issues with it! which i need some advice

the first is: strupidly when i orderd it and was asked what year and model i said it was for a 99 uk turbo, (which is the one i recived) but i have just realised the engine is actualy a 2004 uk wrx engine! will this be ok to use or will i need to change it for the 2004 engine?

the second is: when fitting it i have noticed there is a small hole on the rubber pipe (the pipe that connects the from the MAF unit to the turbo intake) about half way down, acording to the instructions it is for the ROCHESTER VALVE but this was not fitted to the HKS unit the hole in the alloy pipe had been welded up and it was just left hanging (i think i have found it from the picture but it wont reach the hole does this need to be fitted in or not?
if it does need to be fitted can i just use some samco hosing or similar and extend it and plug the plug in the hole?

any help would be great and i can put u psome pictures if need be.

steve