Sponsored by:

Urgent Advise on Headers WRX 1995. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2008, 10:32 PM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Advise on Headers WRX 1995. Please Help

I bought some unequal Headers from i think it was called 2 fast 2 cool on E Bay. But i think i have made a mistake after reading post earlier tonight about all Headers on E Bay been rubbish!!!

I have received them and to be fair they seem to be pretty good. They was not the cheapest on E Bay they was 189 pound????

I am going to buy a Ninja performance cat down pipe from Scooby World and fit this with the new headers.

I am worried now? Should i not fit these headers??

I also want to know if i fit performance headers and performance cat downpipe will i need to remap the car straight away or run risk of damaging my engine. I also read a post earlier about a guy who changed to a cold air intake and a few other mods on a new age and he was advised to remap or he could blow his engine up??

I have been told that the old classics respond well to headers and de cats without remapping, but want to be sure this is correct. The last thing i want is to damage my engine which has only done 49000 miles??!!

Any advise woul be much appreciated. Also has anybody fitted any of these headers from 2 fast 2 cool and are they really that bad??

Hel Please.
Thanks
Old 13 February 2008, 07:27 AM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

Anybody????
Old 13 February 2008, 06:25 PM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

NOBODY???!!!!!!
Old 13 February 2008, 08:14 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

think half the problem on here is 80% dont like ebay for some reason should be ok if quaility seems ok
Old 13 February 2008, 09:50 PM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

I do think some thisngs on E-bay are rubbish but it doesnt mean all things on there are rubbish.

Sometimes companies try hving your pants down on price and some people think if it expensive it must be better. This is not always the case??

Thanks for your reply mate. I was beginning to think nobody was going to reply or help. I have noticed on this site that people seem very reluctant to help or offer advise. Maybe because they are unsure and thats fair enough.

If this is the case is there a forum which can offer sound advise on scoobies. I am new top scooby ownership. Like i said in previous posts i owned a Spra and GTO TT before my Scooby. I know scoobies are more sensitive to mods so i need advise before carrying out any Mods.