Sponsored by:

Midnite....

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2008, 07:26 PM
The Pilot
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midnite....

Well...it all started Satuday morning @8:55am!!!..got woken by some noisey bugger arriving on my driveway,20 mins after the initial shock of seeing that sort of time on a Saurday morning,we were on out way to a little town called Plymouth,to see Mindnite come come to life,with here recently installed Cosworth Block and other goodies,on arrival Team Fraggle Rocket stumbled accross a BlokewithoutScoob,who surprisingly enough had his scoob with him!!!

we knew from our source that a certain gentleman was due to appear to aid in bringing life to Midnite,as after a few hours of drooling and horsing around,he appeard,yes Steve Simpson and his Boffin Co worker arrived!!..mean while myself ans Blokewithoutscoob got bored n went for a play,(but that will be revealed in another thread,so you'll have to wait :wink

the chaps set about working on Midnite to bring her to life!!......BUT they had an issue,so Martyn took apart the Fraggle Rocket Doner car the Steve had kindly donated to him!!!!!!....so with SIMTEC ecu number 2,Midnite coughed and barked into life,holly fekin ****!!!......the noise from that Garret rotated GT35 was...well.....meqnwhile the Rocket was sat outside in bits,the owner(Steve) heads in hand knew what was goin on and muttered a few chioce words!!......

here we have The Men that can....some of the tuning GODS in the world of Subaru!!!

here we have the car..meet MIDNITE a 2003 Sti8

with a few chice mods....

yes the big hole you see in the engine bay is the entry point of the Garret,could easily suck up a small child or dog!!.....

so afrter a little bit of tinkering Midnite's ECU is all sorted and ready to be placed to once again bring her to life,with a few turns of the the key shes up and running,barking and snarlling at all of us,we all have big grins at this point as the noice is like an orchestra on a creshendo...Martyn is set and ready for action...

with that pose he leaps into action....the car burbles out of the workshop and round to the Dyno cell......tennsion arises....as she's backed onto the rollers......

we all wait in antisipation to see what she runs the 1st time,the run up on the rollers proves too loud to stay in the cell without ear protection,so we relocated........so here we have the 1st run result on the base map(i'm she Martyn will correct me if i'm wrong)

2nd run...

3rd run....

4th run...

from what i can remember she was only running on her LOW boost setting(once again i'm sure Martyn will correct me)

soon after that last run we left as time was getting on iirc half 5ish!!....lol

so on that note we left,as soon as any more is heard on the progress of Midnite i'm sure we'll be updated with some stunning results.....

Many Thanks to Alan,Martyn and Lee and the rest of the crew for letting us hang around and be a part of the day!!.....Fanbloodytastic 8)

Last edited by The Pilot; 11 February 2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10 February 2008, 07:35 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

saw midnite in the workshop when was there in november, thought it was a looker then, didn't realise it was a monster under the bonnet too!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to the update..........
Old 10 February 2008, 07:40 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Oh my god, I've just spilt my tea!!

AWESOME
Old 10 February 2008, 08:00 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thing is stunning to say the least

i want one
Old 10 February 2008, 08:05 PM
farrant4246
Scooby Regular

very jealous
Old 10 February 2008, 08:52 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

very very nice evil looking
Old 10 February 2008, 09:40 PM
jayb1970
Scooby Regular

**** me thats quick !!

I take you go playing with R1's and alike?
Strange place for the air filter though, don't you have a bit of trouble closing the bonnet! lol

Trending Topics

Old 10 February 2008, 09:48 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Amazingly, it clears with the quite large filter on nicely.
This is a work in progress, so we aren't going to say any more about it!