Sponsored by:

just checking THERMOSTAT???

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2008, 02:48 AM
scoobyjac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just checking THERMOSTAT???

I would just like to check i have my new thermostat in the right way round, can any one put up a pic or please describe which way round it goes cheers jim
Old 08 February 2008, 06:46 AM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

Car Questions & Auto Repair Information > Where is the themostat located and how do you replace it ... > Subaru

hope this helps...........
Old 08 February 2008, 06:16 PM
scoobyjac
Scooby Regular

Default SAME OLD 98 WRX PROBLEM RAD/THERMO/AIR OR WHAT

I understand this is quite a common problem on scooby`s, but i have been squeezing pipes drained water took out thermostat flushed rad and the radiator bottom pipe that connects to the thermo housing is still cold. Should i just bin the new thermostat and run without one. Would this do any long term damage?? The silly thing is driving me crazy..any more suggestions should i just get cash back and be done with it or sell it on as i cannot spend every spare minute under the car... I think it`s so simple i have not worked it out yet one of those stupid things like AIR that you cannot get rid of.... thanks guys jim
Old 08 February 2008, 07:00 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

is this an overheating problem that you cant quite seem to get right?

If it is then I had the same problem recently. You are correct in saying it is a common problem with scoobys to have air trapped in the system and it is a bitch to get rid of.

I had the coolant system flushed and refilled 3 times, changed the thermostat thinking it was that and it still was over heating.

I ended up having to pull every hose off the rad (top, bottom, and the 3 small ones on the top left) this eventually fixed my problem. When I pulled the small hoses off the top left of the rad I heard air rushing out. Refilled coolant (again!) and havent had it overheat since.

Last edited by ScuuBdoo; 08 February 2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08 February 2008, 07:13 PM
scoobyjac
Scooby Regular

It does not overheat as such only today when i did the school run but left the cap off to get the air out, put the cap back drove home topped up the coolant and thought that was it. I have removed the two smaller pipes on the top left but no air came out only coolant. Anymore suggestions thanks jim