Sponsored by:

Help! - No spark when turning over

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2000, 08:42 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My car has immobilised itself. It's a MY00 Japanese WRX, with a clifford concept 300. As you may have noticed from an earlier post, I did prang it the other day. I have been using it since though, and the mechanics seemed to be fine.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be - eg:
1 - the alarm isn't functioning properly (the alarm hasn't gone wrong before, and I have no experience of them going wrong. It is enabling and disabling the ignition correctly - as in, allowing me to turn it over) - but it could have immobilised something else.
2 - are there any safeguards on Jap imports, like preventing the car from starting if the oil is low (which it was)?

Thanks
Old 28 December 2000, 08:58 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Triggaaar
There is normally a fuel cutoff inertia switch on injected vehicles so presumably one on the Scoob (normally under the bonnet). This is designed so an impact will cut the fuel/ignition off. It may be this. The Clifford may be wired into this circuit as part of the immobiliser function.

Also the SRS airbag system has impact sensors which may have been affected but do not think this would affect starting.

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 28 December 2000).]
Old 28 December 2000, 11:00 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

If there is a fuel cutoff inertia switch, I don't know where it is, (haven't yet been given an owners manual) but I wouldn't have thought that would have been triggered, since I've driven it several times since the accident. If there is a switch on the scoob, where is it?
Old 29 December 2000, 10:14 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Contact Showroom4Cars about the manual. Its more of a serious need now - so they should sort it out.
Old 02 January 2001, 01:01 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

It seems that when the alarm was fitted 6 months ago, a connection may have been loosened, which consequently immobilised the car.

A BIG thanks to Steve Lawson, who spent a couple of hours fixing it on new years eve, whilst giving me a quote for the bodywork my car also needs. I'm also rather embarrassed about the token sum I paid, but hope that will be rectified by the more substantial bill I still face.