Sponsored by:

Theft in AYLESBURY

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2002, 05:12 PM
Shaunoss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

My beloved Scooby has been violated whilst awaiting gearbox parts in a reputable Subaru garage.

The car was parked in the vehicle pound on Thursday night when some low-life has scaled the wall and broken into the car. After a rather crude attempt to open the door, and consequently, butchering the lock, they've smashed the passenger rear door window.

They've taken the Panasonic stereo/CD changer unit, a pair of expensive Police shades, a Bell radar detector, and a cheque book (only 3 cheques left).

The garage have promised to put the glass and a compatible CD system back, together with the interior which is in a rather sorry state.

There are traces of blood in the car which means that they've managed to cut themselves during the act, unfortuneately, there isnt enough blood to make me smile.

If anyone has any information regarding thi incident please call 07973-761929.

Shaun (bloody annoyed)
Old 20 January 2002, 05:16 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

There should be enough blood to get a DNA hit.... Make sure you get the local police to get themselves down there.
Old 20 January 2002, 05:29 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Angry

Burr is absoloutely right. Blood = DNA.

Old 20 January 2002, 05:56 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Hopefully they may get a hit on the DNA. Hasn't the garage got CCTV covering the yard?? Maybe worth going back in the daylight and see if any of the surrounding companies have camera's too, most keep the tapes for a week usually.

Just a thought,

Ed
Old 20 January 2002, 06:34 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Shaun..........Sorry to hear this mate, hope the low lifes are caught.......Bring back the birch.... will keep eyes and ears peeled.
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 January 2002, 06:38 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sod the birch, waste of a good tree. Send to be detained in Cuba by Special Forces
Old 20 January 2002, 07:23 PM
scooby555
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Oh **** will be sleeping in my scoob from now on.
Old 20 January 2002, 07:36 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Sorry to hear about your car Shaun, you don't expect your car to be attacked when it's in for service etc.

Still, you may get better interior than when it went in

I don't suppose they'll replace the shades though! :sad: didn't suit you anyway

F

[Edited by Floyd - 1/20/2002 7:36:44 PM]
Old 20 January 2002, 09:28 PM
MrData
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry to hear that Shaunoss.

I know that they lock the p1's in the workshop there after a couple got stripped down one night.

They do seem to have something of a theft problem of late. Need some razor wire around the boundaries I think!

My CD player got nicked back in April (arghh! not seen you since then!) from the Old Swan in Astwood just between NP & Bedford.

Regards
Kurt

PS. Wanna buy a stunning X-plate P1 with loads of extra for 23.5k?
Old 22 January 2002, 07:37 PM
Shaunoss
Scooby Regular

Angry

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Don't hold out much hope on getting a result from DNA, afterall, how many petty thieves do the plod have DNA records of? I think that the garage does definitely need to invest in CCTV or at least an intruder light if they're going to store nice cars in their compound.

Colin: Seeing as you are involved with Royal Mail perhaps you could give us a call on the above No., as there was a sweatshirt left in the car, with a "Royal Mail Charity Challenge/Knockout" slogan on it. I know nothing about this sweatshirt.

Floydd: Thanks mate. Are you trying to suggest that my interior may be enhanced by this incident? If you are, you're right. There is a certain amount of dust and grime that could only be removed by changing the interior! Nature of my industry i'm afraid.

Kurt: Sorry to hear of your misadventures mate, but if you had attended any of the Caldecotte meetings as promised you could have filled us all in !!!! You selling your P1 then?.. I'll think about it....... No, sorry mate, I cant afford it!

Shaun.
Old 23 January 2002, 07:39 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Shaun,

Still might be worth trying the local constabulary,if the lowlife has gone to so much effort to get the property from the car there's a good chance they've been involved in other stuff. It's not as if you've left a mobile phone on the dashboard in a station car park overnight and they've discovered it by chance.

Good luck anyway,
Ed
Old 23 January 2002, 07:50 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Regarding DNA, every recordable offence (that means after every charge in a police station) the defendent is REQUIRED to supply a DNA sample, usually a mouth swab. If they refuse, then it can forcebly be taken.

If they are subsequently acquitted or found not guilty then, as fingerprints, they can have the sample destroyed.

After several offences, an offender has a DNA "profile" submitted against his/her name on the police national computer, and this profile sticks with them for life, a bit like a criminal record.

In my experience, its the usual persistant offenders that are responsible for this type of offence, and therefore will most probably have a DNA profile.

I say go for it, what do you have to lose? You won't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.
Old 23 January 2002, 08:06 PM
Silent Monkey
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Shaun.

IIRC DNA evidence of unsolved offences is also stored and searched for a match with convictions that may occur in the future. Easy way of clearing up previous unsolved incidents.

Nice to see Floyd bringing his usual touch of humour in

Old 24 January 2002, 10:25 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Downer Mully [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 24 January 2002, 10:42 AM
carpet
Scooby Regular

Burr is right, My mate got his pushbike nicked and they caught the lad who nicked it, they made him give a mouth swab, supposedly they now do this so if the little ****** steals again, then they can use the DNA...

Hope they catch the scum...
Old 24 January 2002, 12:46 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about the theft!

Be positive though at least it happened at the dealers and therefore on there insurance rather than your own.

Hope the interior is better etc..
Old 24 January 2002, 02:03 PM
GregD
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the theft Shaun. I've more of a vested interest than most too as I live in Aylesbury and my Scoob is due to go into Adams (I'm assuming it was them) soon (won't be leaving it with them overnight now methinks!). Doesn't say much about their security does it? Hope they sort you out with a better stereo than what comes as standard BTW!

Greg