Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hiya, First-Time Scooby Owner...

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2008, 12:15 AM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hiya, First-Time Scooby Owner...

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.

I have been reading up on here for a few weeks secretly doing my homework into my next purchase. We have just had a New Baby and i was in two minds what to get.

I have always liked Black cars, and i was desperate to get a Catalunya, but the only one i found in my budget was a) A Dog and b) SOLD the day before i arranged to see it.

Practicality and my sensible head took over and i found a lovely UK Turbo Wagon for sale that had been reduced by a £1000 in the space of a week, cant say no to a saving like that, so went to see it that afternoon and put a deposit down there and then...

I have been Absolutely Buzzing since then, cant wait to go and collect it. Just need one of my cars to sell this week (fingers crossed) and it shall be mine!!

Its pretty standard, with Scorpion Cat-Back Exhaust and Airinx Induction. Can i expect a decent gain out of these two, assuming a UK Turbo is about 215 BHP standard, is 230 BHP a reasonable guess with these 2 mods?

Cheers Guys.
Chris
Old 30 January 2008, 12:17 AM
abbott
Scooby Regular

do enjoy mate !! and believe me screaming babies love to go to sleep during the scooby burble
Old 30 January 2008, 12:28 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep 225-230bhp sounds reasonable. If you fancy spending some of that 1K you saved on a remap (if not already done) then you will see circa 260+bhp.
Old 30 January 2008, 12:35 AM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

Thats good to hear about the Baby Calming Burble. During the day she is pretty good, but come evening she is a nightmare, so just an excuse to potter out in the Scoob for half and hour to get her to sleep

Cool, Thanks... glad i wasnt too far off. I have been looking a remaps to be honest, will def be getting one at some point. 260 BHP sounds nice Think the Mrs has already mentally spent that saving at IKEA though, Ah Well, lol.
Old 30 January 2008, 12:51 AM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eternal Rage
Thats good to hear about the Baby Calming Burble. During the day she is pretty good, but come evening she is a nightmare, so just an excuse to potter out in the Scoob for half and hour to get her to sleep
DUDE SERIOUSLY !! i have never had a car that whacks them to sleep so well just go for a 10 minute drive and there zonked its quality !!
Old 30 January 2008, 08:18 AM
krisclarkuk
Scooby Regular

Welcome and enjoy
Old 30 January 2008, 09:49 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

car is fine for babies.... Had the car 4 years and the baby 2 ... she loves it... she falls asleep and sleeps for ages in it.. and I have a non standard back box

Trending Topics

Old 30 January 2008, 10:29 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by abbott
do enjoy mate !! and believe me screaming babies love to go to sleep during the scooby burble
You're not wrong there. My wee one always sleeps in the subaru.

Welcome to the MadHouse.
Old 30 January 2008, 04:06 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

and I have a non standard back box
Well, after 2 kids that is the norm for mothers
Old 30 January 2008, 06:26 PM
CTR54
Scooby Regular

welcome to the madhouse
Old 30 January 2008, 07:17 PM
Shot8un
Scooby Regular

Welcome fella... I'm new here meself. Seems a cool place

Old 31 January 2008, 07:42 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

welcome mate damn you must be angry with a name like that
Old 31 January 2008, 08:38 PM
RBGUS
Scooby Regular

Wellcome mate,enjoy the wagon
Old 31 January 2008, 08:42 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
Well, after 2 kids that is the norm for mothers
PMSL, spaghetti that just went in my mouth just came out my nose !

Welcome Eternal Rage, cracking name .
Old 31 January 2008, 08:47 PM
Robster3uk
Scooby Newbie

Welcome buddy, am new myself. Just got ma scooby last Friday..... Have to agree the scooby puts little one to sleep instantly.

Enjoy!
Old 02 February 2008, 06:19 PM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies peeps... No Progress on the car front as yet, not collected it yet...

[rant]
Getting highly annoyed with people pretending to come and look at my cars, arranging a time, getting directions and then never turning up. They dont answer phone calls texts or emails, they are useless!!!

Without one of the cars gone i cant collect the Scoob, so they are standing in my way of my Wagon Damnit, lol...

Anyone else had the same problems? Got my car advertised on Pistonheads, Autotrader, the relevant brand car forums and even on fleabay god forbid... lots of interest, just no-one sticks to their word or wants it half price or worst... its a joke...
[/rant]

ROFL at the comments re: Forum Name... used it for years... started using it at uni when "life was a dark box" and i never got out the house when the sun was out, that sort of stuff
Old 02 February 2008, 09:26 PM
nicholaswynn
Scooby Newbie

great car the wagon and not just for babies my carp fishing tackel just loves beeing in my scooby
Old 02 February 2008, 11:16 PM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

welcome mate! i got a 3 month old son, every time he heres a scoob going past the house he smiles! when he gets in mine, the smiles turns to zzzzz's! if he is really crying and moaning, i sit him in the car and fire her up. he then drops to sleep really quick...

as for car selling. i sold my st170 last summer... 4 weeks in the trader and 1 phone call. even dropped price by 1000. 5 times of e-bay, and thats when it sold. had to drop price by 500 quid. like u, i ahd to sell the focus to pay for the scoob, and it is frustrating, all i can say is hang fire, and things will improve
Old 03 February 2008, 03:15 PM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stringostar
welcome mate! i got a 3 month old son, every time he heres a scoob going past the house he smiles! when he gets in mine, the smiles turns to zzzzz's! if he is really crying and moaning, i sit him in the car and fire her up. he then drops to sleep really quick...

as for car selling. i sold my st170 last summer... 4 weeks in the trader and 1 phone call. even dropped price by 1000. 5 times of e-bay, and thats when it sold. had to drop price by 500 quid. like u, i ahd to sell the focus to pay for the scoob, and it is frustrating, all i can say is hang fire, and things will improve
Glad i am not alone, well not glad you had trauma, you know what i mean

Problem is everything has happened in the wrong order. I found a buyer for mine, so went shopping. Happened accross a wgon that was cheaper than it should have been... lowered £1000 overnight for a quick sale. Went to see it that afternoon, put a deposit down there and then. Given three weeks to find the remaining cash.

My Buyer then decided to pull out, such impecable timing. I have lowered my price twice since on pistonheads/ebay. People have been offering just under what i would accept... but for the sake of not losing the deposit/scoob sale i will be forced to accept one of them soon. I have two weeks to deliver the cash or i lose the deposit and the car will be sold on.

Tense Times...
Old 03 February 2008, 10:11 PM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

i was like you mate. do i take the first offer i get or wait. in the end i said **** it, and did take the first offer. it was alot lower than what i wanted, but all i was after was shut of the car... the bloke who bought it got a right deal.. but i thought sod it, i have a scoob now! its a very crap game is sellin a car, and people want a bargain. if you can afford to, just take the first offer, and you will be glad to see the back.. trust me, the scoob i have is the first, and nothing on earth can replace the smile you have when you take her out for the first time
Old 07 February 2008, 12:04 AM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

Progress at last. Car has been sold via Fleabay of all places, for my rock bottom price, barely enough to cover the Scoob and down-payment on the insurance, but it IS enough

The guy is bringing cash tomorrow or Friday morning, should have the Scoob by the weekend!!!

Cant wait. Been driving the Mrs mad with all the stress of selling/buying, she might get a rest now too
Old 07 February 2008, 09:32 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

I hope you never decide to sell your house! That trauma's 100 times worse!
Old 08 February 2008, 05:55 PM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

SHE'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!

(Well to be precise i picked her up yesterday but have to busy driving her to post on here )

What can i say OMG!!! On the test drive, out of courtesy i didnt push it too far up the rev range, enough to know it was right, but not far enough it seems to know what she can do.

I came away from the test drive thinking it would be marginally quicker than my car now, at most. Far from it, so so much stronger all the way to the limiter and in all the gears... and the grip... it just will not stop gripping!!!!

It is a metallic green, standard scooby green, but at night it has a blue flip to it, is this normal, i certainly didnt realise the colour was going to be so funky!!!

She is amazing, will post some pics up her when i find the time get the camera out. Relatively standard for now, but looks, sounds and drives fantastic!!!

One happy happy bunny!!!!!!