Sponsored by:

£300 Repair due to Lorries!

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2008, 11:45 PM
AK02AFK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default £300 Repair due to Lorries!

Working in Germany Thursday and Friday I decided (as self-employee'd) to leave early Wednesday and get myself kip before driving from Cambs to Kassel across UK, France, Belguim, Holland and into Germany and back next day collecting some Lasers.

Anyway on the Wednesday driving home round some nice country roads basically a lorry decided to dump it's load on my STI bonnet! he didn't stop, I orginally needed new pair of pants as the noise was intense and had no idea what happened at first.

By time I would of turned around the lorry could of gone 1 of 4 different ways at the Junction and around that area there is alot of construction work so would of been hard knowing which lorry did the damage.

Anyway dropped it off Thursday collected it Saturday, Splash in St.Ives did a good job pulling out the Incredible Hulk fist sized dents out my bonnet and rather than try and blend where the paint was ripped apart resprayed the whole bonnet perfectly.

Still p*ssed off paying £300 because they couldn't load a lorry properly! moving house in few months and trying to save cash and this doesn't help.

RANT OVER

*and breathe..........*

and to be fair I could of gone elsewhere to get the work done cheaper but I know these guys do good job and can't be bothered with a 'hope it'll look ok' job.
Old 14 January 2008, 12:44 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

...and i get pissed when i hear a stone flip up and hit.
Old 14 January 2008, 07:32 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

ive seen this happen before. rocks get stuck between the rear tyres and then when the trucks are up to speed the flyout like a slingshot and take whatever is in their wake with them normally your windscreen or bonnet etc.

they should be checked before they leave a site but sometimes they are missed .