pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a Euro Import?
Old 30 December 2007, 08:31 PM
stuh1981
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is just a bad time of year to sell. Dont think its over priced at all.
Old 30 December 2007, 08:44 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyhurky
Hi

as above do you think i have over priced my car

please let me know your opinions

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...0bhp-sale.html

cheers
lee
Nice car...........reasonably priced. If I were in the market for this type of car (eg similar power spec) though I would be looking at an STi rather than modified WRX (flame suit on ) and this may be one problem for you. As above though, it is not generally a good time to sell.

Head up though, I'm sure there will be someone out there; you just need to be patient.
dnc
Old 30 December 2007, 09:15 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Having owned a 56 plate Hawkeye Uk version & knowing what I sold mine for I would say I think most buyers would prefer an unmodded WRX as opposed to a modded one and should they be interested in yours I think you would be looking near 13k regardless of the mods as people tend not to put value on these, you could argue the headunit & camera are a mod to value but onlyif someone want these specific items otherwise they would just consider them a bonus at the right price.

Sorry if this goes against yours or anyone else's view but its how I read it myself.

What I would suggest is take it to a dealer get them to give you a 'trade in' value {if they will} and add 2k onto that figure because that is what they would put it on the forecourt for at the start.
Not an answer but it will help you make sure you are pitched in the right zone, plus if you undercut the figure they give you it may give you a better chance.

Also the current tightening of people wallets & petrol cost would be keeping certain buyers away, maybe the 'new' owners.

I hope the above is helpful and it is only my view
Old 30 December 2007, 09:20 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not knowing if its a Euro Import or not is a problem when judging price - buyers have a great dislike to paying UK price on an Import ....... everyone knows you bought it cheap, so want the same discount passed to them (which is only fair, really).

Best thing to do is to ring up a Subaru Main Dealer and ask for a CASH PRICE offer, then add your mark-up. That's about as close as a man can get
Old 30 December 2007, 09:49 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

If I was you mate, I'd consider trying to sell as many of the mods as poss and reduce the price of the car.

Best of luck with the sale though.
Old 30 December 2007, 11:09 PM
Oldfella
Scooby Regular

Motor Depot will sell you a brand new WRX euro import for a shade under 15k with full three years pan European warranty.
Old 31 December 2007, 10:01 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I think its a good price for someone who wants a car that is already modded, i.e. if they were planning similar mods themselves.

But.... in reality mods dont add any value to a car ( save maybe PPP ) unless you can find the person who wants an already modded one. If I was just looking for any new Impreza, I could spend the same and get one from one of the dealers with no miles on it.

If your car was unmodded, being as I think they were going for about £14K at the time ?, I would say 11K to 12K tops ( although I think you would struggle to find a buyer as most people would pay the couple of grand extra and get an unused one ).

Have to say that if I was looking for a newer car that already had some decent mods on it, I would seriously think about yours - may just be a case of hanging on to find the right buyer if you arent desperate to sell it.

Last edited by MikeCardiff; 31 December 2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 31 December 2007, 02:36 PM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

As I'm currently looking to buy myself I'd thought I'd give you my take,

Although cheaper than hawk eye STIs you are in Blob STI territory and for the money that is what I'd go for if I was looking for that sort of power and that would be unmodded and hold it's resale value better. The mods are really not worth anything (unless the buyer happens to want them) so I'd strip them off and sell them.

Also I want an unfettled loved slowly driven car ... YEAH RIGHT.... and a bucket load of mods is never going to make it likely that its had that life.

and thankfully (for me) it's a buyers market at the moment.

Good luck though, it does look like a nice motor !!!