Sponsored by:

Dangerous driviung..what to do ??

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2000, 04:16 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Very angry at the moment. I was driving long a piece of road which has a 20 mph speed limit with speed bump at regular intervals ( as its outside 2 schools) and some complete imbecile in a Lexus who had been tailgaiting me decided to overtake me . He must have got up to around 60mph as he went flying off up the road oblivious of the side roads that people could have turned out of, infront of him. He nearly hit a car coming the other way and could not have stopped at the roundabout the road led to, but luckilly this was clear so he sped off on his way. Wehn this idiot overtook his car chucked aup a stone at my windscreen which now has a vicy nice 3 ft crack along the bottom of the windscreen.

I reported this to the police as I got his reg number and the nice chap on the phone cheered me up even more with " and you expect me to be writing this down I suppose ". With all the christmas spirit around I thought they'd have been concerned with someone who was obviously either pissed up or far to stupid to be allowed to own a car.

I just count myself lucky he didn't hit my car whilst overtaking or hit any padestrians or other motorists.

Has anyone had anything like this and what are my chances of claiming against him for a new windscreen ??

AllanB
Old 24 December 2000, 04:32 PM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Contact your local police station again and make it clear you wish to make a complaint about dangerous driving. There was probably a little festive humour in the Control Room (one of my dispatchers sounded like he should have been working for Capital FM this morning )If they don't want to take the complaint by phone, find five minutes and go into the station in person.

Not sure about your windscreen though

Merry Christmas & all that festive stuff

Cheers

S

[This message has been edited by Stuart H (edited 24 December 2000).]
Old 24 December 2000, 10:04 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Maybe it is stating the obvious, but most fully comprehensive insurance policies allow windscreen claims at one of their approved dealers with a low excess, and no penalty to you NCB. Don't know whether they'd "invisibly" load the policy renewal in future though.

Hope this helps.