Sponsored by:

Which option is best?

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2007, 11:40 AM
scooby225
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which option is best?

Looking to sell my 04 reg WRX. I have bought another car and now need to get rid of it ASAP. I love it to bits but cannot justify the expense any more. Part-ex value was sh1te. Would I be better off selling it private, or seeing if the local Subaru dealer would be willing to buy it? Alternatively, has anyone tried this website....

Sell Your Used Car Online For Free - We Buy Any Car

they valued it at £9200. Seems reasonable, but I was hoping for around £9799.
Old 05 December 2007, 11:52 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Personally I would get rid at the slightly lower price you have been offered, you could end up with the car sat on your drive for ages selling to a private buyer.. and there is always the risk it will get nicked/damaged whilst in you posession.

Have got rid of a few cars by driving them to a garage and asking if they are interested.. they will always be interested at the right price!
Old 05 December 2007, 11:58 AM
darrens_here
Scooby Regular

My girlfirend has recently bought a car. She had a quote from a company like "we buy anything" etc etc. She was honest with them, told them exactly the condition of the car, small dent, scratch here etc etc....... they offered a reasonable price (i think around 900 - its an old fiesta zetect). anyhow, she took the car to the "dealer" knowing she wouldnt get much more privately, and then was told they would only give her 300 for it !!!! and that the "quote" was only a rough guide !!!

She told them to [cough] go away [cough] and then phoned up and complained, all she got was along the lines of ...."the quote giving on line or over the phone are only indicative, and will not be held" blah blah blha.....

anyway, sold the car via autotrader for 1250, to the first person to see it who phoned up within hours of it being online !!!

So, what Im saying is dont count ont hat you will get what they say until theyve seen the car !
Old 05 December 2007, 12:35 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Take the money and run.

Trying to sell a car like that, privately, at this time of year will be very hard.

Market might not pick up until march/april when everyone has paid off xmas credit and store cards.
Old 05 December 2007, 12:40 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Take the money and run.

Trying to sell a car like that, privately, at this time of year will be very hard.

Market might not pick up until march/april when everyone has paid off xmas credit and store cards.
Course on the flip side.. some people may get a nic xmas bonus and want to blow it on something silly! Im spending some of mine on a virtua cop cabinet from an arcade! Oh how my misses will love it :O