Sponsored by:

gently rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2007, 04:08 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gently rear-ended

a sixth-former just rear-ended my '07 wrx , albeit at a snails pace, he has scratched the paint of either side of the bumper and gouged the plastic, plus some superficial scratches along the bottom of the bumper, does anyone have any idea how much it would cost for a rear bumper respray, and are gouges in plastic fillable, i cannot get it repaired anytime soon, so i need to give him a cost so he can decide on insurance or not. i was thinking £250, will this cover it (WR blue, if that makes a difference)
Old 03 December 2007, 04:12 PM
badgersport
Scooby Regular

Somebody caught my rear bumper in a car park last year and that was £250 to respray in WR blue without any serious damage to the bumper, just paint.
Old 03 December 2007, 04:30 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

cheers, i'll offer him the oppurtunity to pay £250 and get it done when i can.
Old 03 December 2007, 04:45 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

i'd get a quote from Subaru for a new bumper if it was me. If it cost badgersport £250 for a simple respray, its gonna cost more to sort yours out if there is gouges in the plastic.... and you never know thats its going to look 100%

If he's given the quote from Subaru, then at least he can make a proper decision about insurance or not.
Old 03 December 2007, 05:07 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

update. the contact number he gave me is not recognised, i will go to the address tomorrow, if thats wrong then i'll contact police and it'll be an insurance job anyway. i wonder if there is any way that i can check that the reg G3 RNT can be checked against the address he gave me. (tan-y-fron, fforchneol row)
Old 03 December 2007, 05:11 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

If the address doesn't exist either (quite likely if he's given you a false telephone number) then just go to the police and they'll be able to find out where the car is registered to. Let them go and pay him a visit

If he is making up false details and its not just a case of writing the phone number down wrong, its probably because he's not got insurance.....
Old 03 December 2007, 05:28 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Just go through the insurance co. saves loads of aggro.

Ive just waited getting on for 5 months with just a door mirror claim (£179)lol. It got to the point where we where goining to go to court................!
Old 03 December 2007, 08:04 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
a sixth-former just rear-ended my '07 wrx , albeit at a snails pace, he has scratched the paint of either side of the bumper and gouged the plastic, plus some superficial scratches along the bottom of the bumper, does anyone have any idea how much it would cost for a rear bumper respray, and are gouges in plastic fillable, i cannot get it repaired anytime soon, so i need to give him a cost so he can decide on insurance or not. i was thinking £250, will this cover it (WR blue, if that makes a difference)
If it was one of these: CITROEN C2 1.4I (03 ON) FURIO, then it was insured, at least. Hopefully I have set your mind at reat somewhat.

Simon
Old 03 December 2007, 09:45 PM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

YOU HAVE ONLY 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT TO GO TO THE POLICE otherwise they'll try and do you for not reporting an accident and properly exchanging details as they did me in identical circumstances!

You need to have the car checked by a proper body shop.

There are collapsible "cans" behind the bumper which may have been damaged and these will certainly not be covered by £250.

Given that this is a nearly car, this is a bumper off job and a proper repsray in an oven. Even if the cans are ok you are looking at £500+ VAT [just had an identical situation].

If you can find him, just go straight for his insurers is my advice.
Old 03 December 2007, 09:48 PM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon 69
If it was one of these: CITROEN C2 1.4I (03 ON) FURIO, then it was insured, at least. Hopefully I have set your mind at reat somewhat.

Simon
Simon

How did you find out this car is insured please? I am very concerned that my young son is playing silly b's in this respect with his own car not being insured.
Old 03 December 2007, 09:50 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nooobyscoooby
Simon

How did you find out this car is insured please? I am very concerned that my young son is playing silly b's in this respect with his own car not being insured.

ASKMID

claire
Old 03 December 2007, 10:15 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
ASKMID

claire
Uhhh i think I have a problem.. Mines cars come up as a pajero.. ALthough if i check to see its taxed all comes up as a green subaru.. I have the V5 and i think its come up as a scooby for insurance as i only renewed this week... advice please :S
Old 04 December 2007, 02:32 AM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
ASKMID

claire
cheers thats handy
Old 04 December 2007, 07:09 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nooobyscoooby
YOU HAVE ONLY 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT TO GO TO THE POLICE otherwise they'll try and do you for not reporting an accident and properly exchanging details as they did me in identical circumstances!

You need to have the car checked by a proper body shop.

There are collapsible "cans" behind the bumper which may have been damaged and these will certainly not be covered by £250.

Given that this is a nearly car, this is a bumper off job and a proper repsray in an oven. Even if the cans are ok you are looking at £500+ VAT [just had an identical situation].

If you can find him, just go straight for his insurers is my advice.
No, the police won't (or shouldn't) as he's already exchanged details, but the other persons were false.