Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2007, 08:50 AM
Ian Burke
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction with a question

Hi Guys

First of all i am new to the site, so em hi

I am currently looking for a P1 impreza, have tried to do as much online research as possible as to what to look out for etc and am about to use the wonderful search facility on the site.
My main concerns are:

1. Is it possible to remap the standard ecu to run on 95ron octane, living in the Republic of Ireland we dont get the luxury of super unleaded petrol.

2. Most of the advertisements on PH etc have P1's with sub 60k on the clocks and have had new engines fitted, it seems mostly under warranty, was there a recall on them that required a replacement and if so should io avoid a car that has not had a replacement.

3. Are there many major concerns/items to look out for when viewing P1 model Subaru's. I was told that the P1 WR package is the one to go for as it has uprated brakes and suspension, i am thinking that due to the age of the P1 that most of the suspension components would benefit from a freshening up so opinions as to the benefits aside from the age of the car of the WR from owners both past and present would be greatly apprectiated.

The answers to the above are most likely to be found in the search option as i am sure they have been done to death, direct links to previous threads containing any answers to the above greatly welcome.

Thanks

Ian