Looking to but MY03 STI PPP

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2007, 07:23 PM
DowdingS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to but MY03 STI PPP

Hi

I had a look at a 53plate STI PPP today which was frankly beautiful.

But a few questions I havea are;

The owner showed me a Certificate saying it was the PPP installation certificate. It had WRSPORT written on it and didn't seem to mention PPP. What does a PPP certificate look like and are there any visible things to look for on the car to confirm it has PPP?

The car is listed as having Prodrive springs and it does sit nice and low. Would the springs have been fitted with the origianl dampers and if so would this be okay or should uprated dampers have been fitted?

The car also has Prodive 18" wheels on, the PFF7s. I know you can get copies of these wheels, how can you tell the originals to the copies?

Anything inparticular I should check for on a test drive?

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Steve
Old 27 November 2007, 08:12 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate,
Go for it!!

WR sport sounds vaguely OK (think the RB5 'PPP' was called WRsport or something). I have no cert with mine but phoned Subaru and gave the chassis no and they confirmed it had PPP.

Most obvious visual indicator, though by no means definite, is that the back box will be stamped with prodrive rather than STi.

Think only issue is with knocking rear suspension, but this may have an upgrade anyway?

Good luck,
DNC
Old 27 November 2007, 08:16 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Steve,

My 2005 sti has a piece of card attached to the service book at the back, which has wrsport written on it and says prodrive package. it might have changed from 2003, but it does say in the first line of text Prodrive Performance Package. I know on the 2005 cars the exhaust is changed like on any PPP car, but it looks totally different and is stamped prodrive. Otherwise the other changes, ecu and fuel pump can't be seen.

Don't know about the other bits, the prodrive springs are that alone as far as i know, and as for the wheels, no idea, they are stamped flow formed or something aren't they, don't know if replicas are though?

I would just ask to see the receipts, you would soon know from what he paid if he has them, as well as the full PPP kit.

Hope that helps a little
Old 27 November 2007, 10:02 PM
H11SNX
Scooby Newbie

I went to see a 03 sti with ppp with prodrive suspention and 18" prodrive pff7 wheels. The guy showed me a certificate which also said wrsport in the top right corner. The certificate did state that it is for a ppp and also it had the vin number stamped on it. The wheels must have prodrive engraved on them as i have noticed that fake's dont have this. The dampers should be fine with the prodrive springs. Hope this helps
Old 27 November 2007, 10:08 PM
RikTee
Scooby Regular

As i've got an 03 Sti with exactly the same features you are talking about

The certificate has WRSport in the top left hand corner, the first line does say thank you for having the prodrive performance pack fitted

Springs are ok with OE dampers, the Prodrive springs will be red

Wheels will have prodrive and speedline embossed in them.

Hope this helps, brought mine in Feb this year and haven't regretted it one bit

Rich