Sponsored by:

Where do I stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2002, 08:55 PM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

After receiving a letter from my dealership about my scooby being due for a service, i booked it in for this morning.

Rings them up to sort out an appointment, tells them my details, they say 'oh yes, basic service', see you saturday

Gets there, hands over key, will be two hours.

Gets back, not been done, the book had been stamped at 22k for the last service (with only 12.5k on clock), next one being the big 30k change all fluids, blah blah. They can't do it cause they have not got enough time (shut early on saturday). [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Half a tank of fule, and day wasted. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

My scooby has only got 18.5k on it, i've done 5.5k since i got it 7 months ago.

They are going of the length of time between services, however i would much like to fork out for 30k service, when my scoob is actually at 30K.

Where do I stand ?
Old 12 January 2002, 11:40 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I can't speak for Subaru but I've worked in other dealerships..the intervals are usually either or, ie 30K or 36 months, whichever is soonest.

So if your car is 36 months old you need a 30K service, belts, fluids etc or..a 36 month service, belts, fluids etc, are you with me?

It's not a case of them ripping you off, it's the schedule set out by Subaru, I'm sure if you asked they would show you the service list, the technicians get a checklist for the varying schedules.

As for the wasted time and fuel, just explain your loss, inconvienience etc, try for a free valet or summat, just don't loose your rag or else you won't get owt!
Bob

( apologies if it sounds over simple) :0
Old 12 January 2002, 11:52 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

The service book says X service or X period, whichever comes first. My MY01 has just had a 7500 mile service, at 4000 miles....because it's six months old. Do I mind? - nah.

That's the way the biscuit disintegrates.....

BTW, where you stand is that if you go outside your service schedules, your warranty *may* be void....better just to pay up perhaps

Dis you tell them the actual mileage/age of car.....?

[Edited by Dave T-S - 1/12/2002 11:55:26 PM]
Old 13 January 2002, 01:31 AM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Cheers lads...

I was'nt havin a moan at the fact the car needed a good seeing to.
When a car needs a service, it needs a service.

It was the fact that they sold me the car, serviced it before i had it, so they should have known exactly what the car needed, which they made it sound as if they did.

Yet when i get there they have got it wrong, and as i say half a tank, and a morning wasted.

It's sommet that i would expect from other dealerships (no names mentioned), not Subaru.
Old 13 January 2002, 10:30 AM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

If they sent you a reminder that the service was due, you wouldn't think it unreasonable for them to know automatically which service was due. I'd speak to the service manager about this, not only have they wasted your time/petrol, they've lost earnings on that time (not your worry I know, but they may be more likely to review the procedure if they see a benefit for themselves).

Good luck, let's know how you get on.

Mike.