Sponsored by:

Another Con

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2007, 06:21 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Con

Emailed some guy about a car on Pistonheads that was to good to be true it's been withdrawn now but this was the guys reponse ;

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 'IMPREZA 2.0 STI Type UK Pro Drive 4dr'.
The vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, no smoking. It's fun and robust to drive. Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well. It has title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and comes with all the documents you need to register it. The price I am looking for my car is £9,200 including the shipping costs,insurance and handling(delivery to UK).
You will not have to pay additional taxes for this (VAT reclaimable).

I have worked in UK for the last 2 years and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Spain. I've bring the car home with me.The car is now located in Spain.I decided that is better to sell it because I don `t use it anymore (the wheel is on right side and is very difficult for me to drive it here) and it `s a pitty to keep such a car and not to use it.

I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal Circumstances.I've wanted to register it here and keep it for me,unfortunately import taxes and england regulations made me change my mind.Now I am trying to sell it back too for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes.I can offer you a safe deal for bought of us.Let me know if you are intrested to buy the car.Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

Thank you
Old 09 November 2007, 06:37 PM
DirtyScooby
Scooby Regular

Probably a con but just imagine if it were true - 1 way ticket to Spain and boy what a drive back it would be!!

It was supposedly still on Uk plates so I assume you could still HPI it and also check his passport for proof of ownership as it would be the same as the log book as he probably would have an english address on his passport being over here for 2 yrs.

Oh well we can always dream of such bargains like that.
Old 09 November 2007, 06:57 PM
BooSH
Scooby Regular

Like i say it's been withdrawn now from pistonheads so must of been a con, it was a 2005 wrx sti ppp with low miles for 9k !
Old 09 November 2007, 07:06 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

safe deal for 'bought' of us

Mind you, his English and spelling is better than most on SN
Old 09 November 2007, 07:35 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Any add or email response that states "shipping" should be avoided like the plague!

TX.