Sponsored by:

Snotty Letter required pls

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2007, 08:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Snotty Letter required pls

Having written to cancel my insurance becuase of a £30 charge to change address, they have advised me I need to pay £30 to cancel even though its with the 14 days and I didnt ask they to renew the policy after the year !!!

Can someone help me write a snotty letter
Old 01 November 2007, 09:03 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm sounds complex. Did you receive any notifications saying they would automatically renew with them.
A renewal straight from an exisiting policy is not strictly a NEW policy, so the cooling off period would not count, some might say anyway.

As for the letter, I can write you a lovely letter no problem Usually pretty good at them, but sounds like they have you by the nuts.
Old 01 November 2007, 09:09 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Hmmm sounds complex. Did you receive any notifications saying they would automatically renew with them.
A renewal straight from an exisiting policy is not strictly a NEW policy, so the cooling off period would not count, some might say anyway.

As for the letter, I can write you a lovely letter no problem Usually pretty good at them, but sounds like they have you by the nuts.
I moved so I didnt get it straight away and yes it does. 14 days by law on any new contract.
Old 01 November 2007, 09:14 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I moved so I didnt get it straight away and yes it does. 14 days by law on any new contract.
Aaaah so you didnt inform them immediatly of a change of address. They will do the usual "you failed to inform us"

If your sure about the renewal thing being a definate new contract, and NOT a continuation then cool. Just state it as it is, and go from there

Like I say, if you want a letter writing, gimmie some details
Old 01 November 2007, 09:25 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Aaaah so you didnt inform them immediatly of a change of address. They will do the usual "you failed to inform us"

If your sure about the renewal thing being a definate new contract, and NOT a continuation then cool. Just state it as it is, and go from there

Like I say, if you want a letter writing, gimmie some details

Thanks ?

The letter is to MCE and is basically to tell them my total digust at them wanting to first charge me £30 to change address and then £30 to cancel a policy I did not agree to renew.

Technically it will say in the contract that renewal is auto.. but still its **** !

I'm more looking to voice my opinion that actually gain any money from them.. and from this thread basically bad mouth them !