Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Thinking of getting a scooby . . ..

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2007, 11:51 AM
The_stink
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a scooby . . ..

Im thinking of getting a scooby just trying to way up a few things before i decide.

Im looking at a classic scooby, as i understand it they are group 17 ins? which isnt to bad as my mk gti is in the same banding.

really just need some advise on what to look out for etc as to be honest havent got a clue

any advise or places to look would be appreciated

also not sure if a engine transplant would be good idea? anyone done this any problems? as most of the scooby's i have been looking at have high mileage as to be expected with the age of the cars.

cheers
Old 22 October 2007, 12:26 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UK group 17
Import group 20

what's your budget?

worth having a look in the 'cars for Sale' section in here or PistonHeads.com :: Speed Matters
Old 22 October 2007, 12:30 PM
The_stink
Scooby Newbie

yeah i have been looking on psiton heads and have managed to find some good examples.

looking more towards a uk type due to insurance.

budget about 5 poss 6k,

any other good sites that you know of?
Old 23 October 2007, 06:00 PM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

ive just bought my 2nd impreza after having had a break from them for a year but me being of the cautious type bought the car from a main dealer so probably paid over the odds but its a low miler bug eye with fssh and 1 yr subaru warranty.

anyway when i was looking i was thinking that i wouldve trusted an enthusiast from these forums or sidc for that matter but having/needing a part ex put pay to that. there are lots in autotrader - obviously but what about an import? my insurance, once again, is going through keith michaels and in particular gary moulson tel 0845 013 8231 he told me that he could insure me for either uk or import for same price so this could open up more options for you and wrc car sales seem to have some nice imports in as do japperformance.

hope this helps
rick
Old 23 October 2007, 06:07 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Groups don't reall mean a right lot TBH. I've just bought a Brand new Elise which is group 20. It's going to cost me about £60 extra per year to insure over my MY99 uk Scoob. The Lotus is worth £26k and the Scoob around £3k. Basically the Scoob is a serious theft risk where as the Lotus ain't (according to the ins co). If i was to buy a brand new Scoob WRX i would think my Insurance would be a fair whack more than the Lotus