Buying and Upgrading An 05 STI UK

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2007, 01:02 PM
kpkpkp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying and Upgrading An 05 STI UK

I have posted this in the technical section and it maybe better here

I have been to look at an 05 Sti UK this morning. It has 18K on the clock - what sould I look out for - I have had turbo cars before and at the moment I have a White E46 M3 that is just going.

AFAIK the car is totally standard - I will only have it for 4 to 5 months until my new toy turns up but I have always wanted a scooby and now seems like the perfect time of the year to enjoy it - cold air and slippery A roads.

So what do I need to look for to make sure my first scoob in hastle free.

One more question . . . .

If I had a cheeky £500 to spend on making it a bit quicker what can I do safely for a littler bit more boost!!

Many thanks

Kp
Old 21 October 2007, 01:05 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

£500 will get you a remap. You'd be better to spend a few 100 more & upgrade the exhaust & air filter at same time. Maybe even get an induction kit & upgrade fuel pump too? The above obviously gets more air & fuel in plus gets more exhaust gasses out. Combined with a remap = Bob's your Uncle

TX.
Old 21 October 2007, 02:52 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

I just bought one myself KP, an 05 with the PPP kit, i test drove the standard one and there is definitely a bit of a difference in the power. Hard to know what to look for when buying, i'm no expert on them, i always think you just know when a car has been looked after and speaks for itself. I'd agree with TX, any company that tunes them always has it listed as at a fuel pump, remap and exhaust to get you from 265bhp to 300+. I'm sure you could find one with the PPP kit though, a lot of cars have it, very few don't from looking on autotrader when i was buying mine. Have fun.